Thread: Stolen Lens Turners & Lens Clock

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

I gladly accepted to attend a health fair the other day with anticipation that I could develop some exposure and PR for our new optical studio. What I didn't know was that I was going to come out on the raw end of the deal.

I performed many adjustments and minor repairs as I descreetly promoted our new loacation. I had my optical tools and Misc. equipment which I use for nursing home visits in a small case on the table. It was easilly accessable as I routinely used many of the tools.

Upon noticing one persons segs were out of alignment, I went for my lens turners. However, they were GONE. I used them on another persons lenses about 10 min. previously so certainly I know I had them and wasn't crazy. I quickly assessed my inventory of tools and also noticed that my lens clock was GONE.

I did recall a few shady characters coming by while I was servicing some people but didn't anticipate any problems. Upon my findings, I immediately put things aside and walked around to try locating them to possibly approach them to reclaim my tools but they were also GONE.

I don't know why someone needs my lens turners and lens clock but I certainly learned a lesson which will set me back at least $125 to replace what was stolen. I just hope it wasn't a spineless "CLEP-TICIAN" who now has custody of my personal tools.

Sorry for the whining but I had to vent.
    Kevin T.

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Kevin:

You have my sympathy for your loss. One must however, always remember the first rule of the optical business: "Don't Trust Anybody." As I have now become old and experienced in this business, I don't even trust me anymore.

Bad address email on file stephanie's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Idea

Sorry for your loss Kevin. Some people are just so immature and ignorant. We had a woman steal a pd stick from us once. A pd stick???? What in the world would she need that for? I think it was just a spite thing on that one. Honestly people will steal anyting that is not nailed down and even that is questionable anymore. Sorry for you once again.
    Have a great day despite it!
    Steph

Master OptiBoarder Texas Ranger's Avatar
    Kev, sorry about your loss, pretty weird! I had a sales rep a few years back offering me frames from another company; "somebody traded them to him for a personal debt", later found out he was caught jacking them off another optical shops displays; go figure.

Thread Information