Thread: Need some advertising ideas for OD practice near busy college campus

OptiBoard Novice

Question Need some advertising ideas for OD practice near busy college campus

Hello!

First time poster here. I really enjoy this forum. Now I'm hoping for some help. I am the office manager for an OD practice near a busy college campus. Most of our patients are college students. The business has been around since 1996. It's come to a point now where our sales have topped off and really aren't growing. And of course, our patients don't tend to want to spend a lot of money, being college students and all. I have ads in the student paper, and in a few more advertisements that are distrbuted throughout campus. My question is, has anyone had any specials with glasses/sunglasses that have worked in the past that has generated new business? As I said, keep in mind that most of our patients are on a low budget. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Beth

Master OptiBoarder Joann Raytar's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Some schools sell care packages to their new arrivals. If the school by you does this, perhaps you could talk to the school about placing an ad or a coupon in the packages. Many students wear contacts and it would be good for them to know you are near by. If the college has an annual health fair, then make sure to be at it. You might want to print up business cards especially for students offering them a standard discount they could use anytime.

Find out if students participating in certain sports are required to wear sport goggles. If so, offer them a student special. If the coaches think there are a number of students who need them, perhaps you could even go over to the school to fit them.

Bad address email on file optigoddess's Avatar
    I would recommend being in touch with the faculty & staff as well. You are convenient to them, as well.

Is there any "parents" association newsletter (or such) where you could advertise "gift certificates" ? That would be a great present for a student.

Thread Information