Thread: practical examination HELP

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Confused practical examination HELP

Failed my first time taking the examination. My boss said because I took the measurements off the frame , she said i should have used my mm ruler to measure and not taken for granted that the frame measurements were marked correctly., also i didn't put a o in the prism field i left it blank. words of wisdom anyone?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Your boss is wise...........and the pointers she gave you are hints of practicality of "practical" exams. NEVER take any measurements for granted, always double or triple check them. In real life dispensing, this is often what separates quality from just average.

Do not assume that written instruction will be understood, make it so any person must not misunderstand you or have to guess at what you meant to instruct! Stroke through fields, enter Nil or zero in open fields).

I just repeated your bosses hints, and expanded on them. My only new wisdom words are confidence, and think.

Show your confidence in yourself.

Think all processes/discoveries thru before acting.
    Eyes wide open

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter SharonB's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Your frame measurements were provided for you on printed out cards using info from FRAMES, (some still refer to it as Frames Fax). You did not have to measure your frame for this. The prism answer boxes are divided into left and right. You need to find out which lens has the prism, and in which direction, and record it on your answer sheet. When answer spaces are left blank it usually means they are incorrect (every space deserves an answer or a number). Good luck in April! Did you go to Albany for the exam challenge? That allows you to see exactly what you did, and how the examiners graded you.
    Lost and confused in an optical wonderland!

Thread Information