Thread: Need help with progressives

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Question Need help with progressives

PT complaing about var psy 360 and having to turn her head slightly to find viewing area. Checked pd, adjusted for tilt, sg height is very close, RX is made into lenses. I am just at a loss. Nothing is jumping out at me???? I have fit quite a few and usually the problem jumps right out.

Might I mention that I am a total rookie and running an optical department solo. Billing, edging, dispensing, selling, stocking, and anything else. I am lucky to get someone to help me make a phone call around here. PLEASE HELP.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Have your tried adjusting the frames other than for tilt? Sometimes simply reducing face form can make a huge difference.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    kvz was right, try on the adjustment, it may helps a lot..
    good luck..
    Yeap

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Quote Originally Posted by justdhogan View Post
    Might I mention that I am a total rookie and running an optical department solo. Billing, edging, dispensing, selling, stocking, and anything else. I am lucky to get someone to help me make a phone call around here. PLEASE HELP.
    Yikes, well, welcome to Optiboard! I have been in your shoes... its hell. Is it a new practice?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    PT complaing about var psy 360 and having to turn her head slightly to find viewing area. Checked pd, adjusted for tilt, sg height is very close, RX is made into lenses. I am just at a loss. Nothing is jumping out at me???? I have fit quite a few and usually the problem jumps right out.
    Because the pwr in the Physio 360 compensates aspherically for vertex distance, your pat is adjsting their power when turning their head effectively. Adjust first, for tilt and faceform, but if that doesn't help, You may try +25/-.25 flippers, if the pts sees better through the flippers straight on, you may have an RX issue.

Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Need more input- to start--

What was the previous and current rx and lens design?

Old and new frame sizes?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    Need more input- to start--

What was the previous and current rx and lens design?

Old and new frame sizes?
    I agree. It is complicated. Rule out material problems and lens design by placing the RX in the phoropter and checking the vision. If sharper but VA is still a little off the refraction should be fine tuned.

On a few of our patients who had similar problems, base in prism was prescribed and it relieved the problems.
    Bev Heishman, ABOM, NCLC-AC

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    I have now had 3 practices with the same issue, this week alone. There must be a software error at Essilor?

Thread Information