Thread: "so what did you learn by this..."

Bad address email on file ldyflsh's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Big Smile "so what did you learn by this..."

Had a patient come into the office. I work in a medical setting. The patient began to lecture me about how "opticals like this are always to expensive" (you know the conversation). Sat down and said" make me part with my money". I smiled and started to discuss options. When we got done he said "fine...I'll take it...now what did you learn from this conversation". Again I smiled and answered: " I've learned that I am a VERY patient woman..and you just paid full price for your glasses"....some days are diamonds

Banned
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Roflmao

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Do we work in the same office? I feel like I deal with this patient every day. One day, I'm gonna jump on my desk and scream at the top of my lungs, "No one is holding a gun to your head! If you think we are too pricey, go somewhere else!"

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    i wonder if people really think they're accomplishing anything by acting like that? people like that don't make me feel bad, they just make me think theyre jerks haha. i had a guy bait me at the bar/restaurant i worked at last weekend, and his kids were upset because their grandparents didn't come, because they only eat local, and we're a chain. then he looked at me and said "but without coorporate chains this young lady wouldn't have a job." ... to which i replied "sir, i actually have three jobs, and i don't eat at chain restaurants usually either." He then accused me of being one of "those people" who won't shop at wal mart haha. which is also true apparently when i have children i'll understand all of his financial woes and why he HAS to shop at wal mart, like he has no choice. I told him when he's paying back 50 grand in student loans he would understand mine haha. it's an interesting world we live in

moral to the story: you choose where to spend you're money, don't take it out on your esteemed customer service representative.
    "what i need is a strong drink and a peer group." ... Douglas Adams - Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy

Thread Information