Thread: Lenses corridor

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician

Question Lenses corridor

In OMA protocol the corridor is called: CORRLENCan someone explain me where the Addition Corridor Starts and where it finishes (exactly)?Thank you.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    nope!!! but what will you use that information to ? best regards Peter

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Powers View Post
    nope!!! but what will you use that information to ? best regards Peter
    I am calculating lenses. There are some sittuation that customers asked 2 pairs of lenses. for example: 1 pair for normal grasses height 18mm, but another for big sunglasses height 28. In order to keep the same height (free form lenses with variable height) the only way is to keep the same addition corrridor.

Objection! OptiBoard Gold Supporter shanbaum's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    The question of more precisely characterizing "corridor length" was raised at a couple of meetings of the Data Communications Standard Task Force of the Vision Council (that's the group responsible for the "OMA Standard"). A number of participants, all of whom were from the lens- or lens-design-making world, objected to the idea. Their opinion was that corridor length is analogous to "eye size", having little meaning outside the context of a single product.

The designs that offer a variable corridor length with which I'm familiar also allow the specification of one of several fixed corridor lengths.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    upfloor is correct! As Rx lab, can offer various corridor. Expecial for free form which can offer(7,9,11,13,15mm corridor). Normal CR39 1.50 progressive just short(14mm) and long(17mm). Normal, big size frame choose long corrdior is better.
    We are Optical lens supplier, Supply all kinds product(bulk and Rx lens in unifocal,bifocal,multifocal lens) with good price, fast shipment, best service!

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation

Corridor Length

Is there any specific parameters for short and normal corridor length? As I know there are only short and normal corridor, but some people say that it's medium corridor.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    I think its better that you can ask them how length for their medium corridor. For example, 1.50 traditional design progressive, someone do in 12mm and 17mm, and someone is 14mm and 17mm. which is medium. As far as i know, (1.50 and 1.60) office lens always be called medium distance design, which corridor is 14mm.
    We are Optical lens supplier, Supply all kinds product(bulk and Rx lens in unifocal,bifocal,multifocal lens) with good price, fast shipment, best service!

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by shiyonghe1982 View Post
    I think its better that you can ask them how length for their medium corridor. For example, 1.50 traditional design progressive, someone do in 12mm and 17mm, and someone is 14mm and 17mm. which is medium. As far as i know, (1.50 and 1.60) office lens always be called medium distance design, which corridor is 14mm.
    May I say 14mm is short corridor and 17mm is normal/long corridor? Or both of them are medium corridor?

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    yes. you can say 14mm is short. and 17mm is normal or long corridor.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by shiyonghe1982 View Post
    yes. you can say 14mm is short. and 17mm is normal or long corridor.
    Thank you.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    welcome!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauricio View Post
    I am calculating lenses. There are some sittuation that customers asked 2 pairs of lenses. for example: 1 pair for normal grasses height 18mm, but another for big sunglasses height 28. In order to keep the same height (free form lenses with variable height) the only way is to keep the same addition corrridor.
    I am understanding that if you feed a height of 28 into the freeform program, the characteristic of the multifocal will change, in comparison to the 18mm order for the same customer......am I right?

Therefore, a "work-around+ to defeat the computer(programmer stupidity)'s deficiency....................is to feed, accidentally, (deliberately) both pairs at 18, and make sure it is corrected to 28 before it hits the edging department.
    Eyes wide open

Thread Information