Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blu-Tech Lenses ??? Anyone heard of them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by finefocus View Post
    Revo lenses, originally, were glass with some pigment augmented by a destructive-interference coating system. Those were the ones with highly visible, mirror-like, reflex colors; blue, orange, and another (purple?). The lenses were either brown or gray to look through. .
    When I visited Coherant in Auburn CA, when they were making Revo, they were using layered applications of glass, 6-9 when I saw it but differing colors had differing amount of layers. So Mirrors were not on the surface, they were actually integral to the base. It WAS a destructive-interference system where each color was tuned using differing oxides on each layer. Cost was about $34 a pr. at the manufacturing level just for the blanks, a huge amount for the time.

Of course later it was a mirror "coating" when Lux tried to copy the look (and cost dropped to $9 pr), but the original Revo lenses in glass were not coated in the normal sense. It was a stack internal to the lens.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick777 View Post
      When I visited Coherant in Auburn CA, when they were making Revo, they were using layered applications of glass, 6-9 when I saw it but differing colors had differing amount of layers. So Mirrors were not on the surface, they were actually integral to the base. It WAS a destructive-interference system where each color was tuned using differing oxides on each layer. Cost was about $34 a pr. at the manufacturing level just for the blanks, a huge amount for the time.

Of course later it was a mirror "coating" when Lux tried to copy the look (and cost dropped to $9 pr), but the original Revo lenses in glass were not coated in the normal sense. It was a stack internal to the lens.
      God I miss them! (The originals! NOT the half arsed Lux rip offs of today!)

Comment

Originally posted by Uilleann View Post
        God I miss them! (The originals! NOT the half arsed Lux rip offs of today!)
        Me too! Revo offered me a job 1 week before they sold to Ray-Ban/B&L, who then sold to Lux about 3 months later. Its a broken dream that haunts me to this day. It would have been a great 3 months... and of course Lux let all those people go, but a ton went to Maui Jim.

Comment

Protect your patients. Improve your practice.

Prescribe revolutionary Blu-Tech Lenses that offer real protection
          against AMD — indoors and out.

The world’s first eyeglass lens that protect the eyes from damaging Blue Light and provide 100% protection from UV radiation while maintaining natural color vision and improved visual contrast.
          By reducing oxidative stress on the macula, Blu-Tech lenses help protect against the development of age-related macular degeneration (AMD).

I just love this sentence "The world’s first eyeglass lens that protect the eyes from damaging Blue Light" remembering the early 1980s, when we produced thousands of plano, blue blocking eyeglasses, to protect dentists from the UV light emitted by the then newly introduced UV curing units for dental fillings. These glasses were distributed by the then largest dental supply company "Healthco" now defunct.

30 years ago I developed the first one step dye, to tint a fully 100% UV and Blue Light absorbing lens and have been selling it ever

since.Click image for larger version

Name:	Blue-Blocker.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	868425These BlueLight absorbing lenses can be tinted over to become amber, brown, chocolate brown and dark green while keeping and enhancing the absorbtion curves.

At he time the school of Optometry at the University of London Ontario made a full study of Blue Light blocking lenses paid for by the Canadian Government. I still have a copy.

You can actually do them yourself in your own dye pot or microwave without having to pay for the latest technology in optical lenses.

also:

Eat plenty of red grapes by all means – they are very good for you and taste delicious. But you also need regular top ups of powerful antioxidants. Many research studies have found that Lutein and Zeaxanthin are essential when addressing eye problems. The simplest and most effective method is by using a new product called NEW FOCUS. This is a simple “under the tongue” spray. The manufacturers of NEW FOCUS sublingual spray claim that the Zeaxanthin and Lutein will be delivered to the eye within 2 minutes of applying the spray. This is simple to use and helps protect against Diabetic Retinopathy, AMD, Glaucoma and many other eye disorders. Full details of NEW FOCUS and how to obtain it can be found-----------> http://ethosworld.eu/store/new-focus...uth-spray.html

Last edited by Chris Ryser; 12-11-2012, 02:15 AM.

Comment

I think Corning had that honor in the 80's with their Color Control series, designed to reduce migraine headaches and photo-phobia.

Originally posted by Gavin
            Blu-Tech Lenses are the first and only spectacles lenses to have a medical benefit.
            A unique attribute of Blu-Tech Lenses is that they maintain natural color perspective and improve comparison understanding making them ideal for daily wear.

Comment

30 years ago I developed the first one step dye, to tint a fully 100% UV and Blue Light absorbing lens and have been selling it ever

since.These BlueLight absorbing lenses can be tinted over to become amber, brown, chocolate brown and dark green while keeping and enhancing the absorbtion curves.

At he time the school of Optometry at the University of London Ontario made a full study of Blue Light blocking lenses paid for by the Canadian Government. I still have a copy.

You can actually do them yourself in your own dye pot or microwave without having to pay for the latest technology in optical lenses.
              Last edited by Neophyte Optician; 08-08-2013, 02:13 PM.

Comment

What is really new? ..................................

Originally posted by sharpstick777 View Post

What is really new?

Is there anything really that seperates this from Blue-Blockers ?

Same thing.......................I introduced and advertised Blue-Blocker dyes first time in 1984, demonstrated them at numerous Optifairs and VE East and West as well as OLA's and never would have dreamed that they would become a novelty just about 30 years later.

Comment

Thank you for copying one of my old posts...........................................

Originally posted by Neophyte Optician View Post

since.These BlueLight absorbing lenses can be tinted over to become amber, brown, chocolate brown and dark green while keeping and enhancing the absorbtion curves.

Thank you for copying one of my old posts...........................................

Comment

Working...
                  X