Thread: Neon Optical??? Signage for Sell!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Neon Optical??? Signage for Sell!

Neon Sign for Sale. Block Letters spell "OPTICAL INC" with Teal Lighting.

(Also Available in Script, "Elliott" signage, in case you know another Elliott Optical! Or someone with Elliott in their Business Name. Can be used in conjunction with other materials to highlight the Neon portion.)

Original Cost - Over $6000 - Five years old. Excellent Condition, good working order. Great Price - Contact me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Optical Sign.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	9110

Name:	Elliott Sign.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	9111
    Last edited by CoolOptician; 11-09-2012 at 04:27 PM.
    Mother Theresa - MRS. "CoolOptican"

Most of our so-called reasoning consists in finding arguments for going on believing as we already do. —
    James Harvey Robinson

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolOptician View Post

(Also Available in Script, "Elliott" signage, in case you know another Elliott Optical! Or someone with Elliott in their Business Name. Can be used in conjunction with other materials to highlight the Neon portion.)

Original Cost - Over $6000 - Five years old. Excellent Condition, good working order. Great Price - Contact me.

Hmm...let me think of my options here:

1. I could talk my wife into adopting a child and naming him "Elliott".
    2. I could talk my wife into adopting a child and naming her "Elliott".
    3. I could change the name of my office to "Elliott Optical"
    4. I could move my business to Elliott Ar.
    5. I could move my business to Elliott Il.
    6. I could move my business to Elliott Ia.
    7. I could move my business to Elliott Ky.
    8 I could move my business to Elliott Mo.
    9. I could move my business to Elliott Pa.
    10. I could move my business to Elliott ND.
    11. I could move my business to Elliott SD
    12. I could move my business to Elliott NC
    13. I could move my business to Elliott Tx. (That might work!)
    14. I could move my business to Elliott Md.
    15. I could be a nice guy and let someone else get this great deal.

I think I'll be a nice guy!
    Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    (grin!) It IS a great deal! I have another one I'm about to post!!! Lol!

But I DO like the idea of talking your wife into the other kid thing! (It's really a very dignified name!) Lol, we actually saw someone on our way back from Minnesota in an "Elliott Plumbing" truck with the exact same script in the logo. I tried to get Paul to drive next to him so I could 'talk a deal'......he had some lame excuse about 'highway traffic' or something like that!

Plus you know, someone could make part of their name out of a different material and just have OPTICAL in Neon to 'get attention' for their product! (grin!) I've considered using the "Elliott" in a killer man cave for my husband in our next home! Lol, it's just how much do I want to make 'optical' part of the motif, that is the question!
    Last edited by CoolOptician; 11-09-2012 at 06:26 PM.

Most of our so-called reasoning consists in finding arguments for going on believing as we already do. —
    James Harvey Robinson

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    ​Still have the Neon Exterior Sign spelling out OPTICAL Inc that could be used with other materials to maximize the visual element of your signage! And contacting all other businesses with ELLIOTT in their name for the other portion! Lol!

James Harvey Robinson

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    You should just hang it up in your basement, bar or entertainment area. Don't have a bar in your house? Great reason to build one!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by optical24/7 View Post
    You should just hang it up in your basement, bar or entertainment area. Don't have a bar in your house? Great reason to build one!
    LOL, I love in Florida....we don't have basements.....lol, and I have thought of using it in a "Man Cave" for my man, and may still. Just thought if someone could use it, would offer it out! We are moving in the next few months so unsure if we are going to have room for it or not yet! Great idea though!

James Harvey Robinson

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Ways to unload this thing:

1.) Throw it in the back of the car and cruise over to the next town and hit all of the opticals and strong arm them into buying it!

2.) Look in the yellow pages (Google) anything with OPTICAL in it within a 50 mile radius, hit up any listings to see if they want it.

3.) Head down to the local lounge around closing, hang out and CONvince the barkeep to have a few drinks on you after their shift. Slip them a roofie and before they slip into oblivion, make them believe that you have a O'Hanlons Red Ale Neon sign and want to unload it cheap. In their increasing stupor, they may believe you and fork over the cash! Problem solved!

Good luck on the sale!

OptiBoard Apprentice NeaOptikiSA's Avatar
    Occupation
    Frame Manufacturer
    Do you have any Sign of Smith Optics? I could use the Smith to write the name Elliott Smith!
    Angel the Greek
    Eyewear manufacturer
    Handmade optical frames and sunglasses 100% made in Greece
    www.neaoptiki.com www.elgrecoeyewear.com

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Lol, excellent suggestions Fezz.....we DO have a bowling alley/bar named Coz's that could use some more neon!....(we are a three-light town) and I'm certain ONE of us would be 'inebriated' before the other....probably me! I am getting on that 'hitting up' people in the area idea.....shoot we delivered our lab equipment to Minnesota. You never know what new part of the country there is for me to see!!! I'll let you know if I'm successful with your ideas! Oh, and Angel, I'm certain I could MAKE you a Smith Sign, real fast.....lol, even paint it teal to match!

James Harvey Robinson

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    COME ON!!! Somebody has to have a need for a gorgeous Neon Teal "Optical" sign!!! And you probably have a cousin that has an "Elliott Plumbing" or something and can use the other part! Lol! Give me a call or send me an email to InStyleFrames@gmail.com

James Harvey Robinson

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I know you've missed me 'hawking my wares' but I'm down to the very last thing I have to sell! Have sold my Elliott sign (nice addition to a caterers cook shack, with that name) and now only have my OPTICAL sign left. Ready to let it go to someone who can use it. Paid $3000, selling for $200 now. Would prefer someone in central Florida area, as it's not something you want to ship. Shoot we are going to POF Continuing Ed first of August in Melbourne, I believe and would bring it with, for you to take home. Wouldn't even have to pay gas mileage that way.

So figure this is my last hurrah to find someone, before I take Fezz up on his idea to run around other towns and try hawking it that way. (smile) I did sell my Open Neon Sign that way Fezz, and it did look great at their establishment!! Until!!! Mrs. Cool Optician!

(Can be used in conjunction with other materials to highlight the Neon portion.)

Original Cost - Over $6000 for both pieces. - Five years old. Excellent Condition, good working order. Great Price - Contact me.

Last edited by CoolOptician; 06-08-2014 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Remove pic of Elliott sign

James Harvey Robinson

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Put a big gold chain on it, and sell it to Mr T.
    Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Im sure there's a few places here in Florida where that would 'fit right in.'

Nice to to hear from you Johns, hope all is well!

Quote Originally Posted by Johns View Post
    Put a big gold chain on it, and sell it to Mr T.

James Harvey Robinson

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    (Smile) Anyone new on here who could use a Neon Optical Sign, at a steal price?

I know you've missed me 'hawking my wares' but I'm down to the very last thing I have to sell! Have sold my Elliott sign (nice addition to a caterers cook shack, with that name) and now only have my OPTICAL sign left. Ready to let it go to someone who can use it. Paid $3000, selling for $200 now. Would prefer someone in central Florida area, as it's not something you want to ship. Shoot we are going to POF Continuing Ed first of August in Melbourne, I believe and would bring it with, for you to take home. Wouldn't even have to pay gas mileage that way.

So figure this is my last hurrah to find someone, before I take Fezz up on his idea to run around other towns and try hawking it that way. (smile) I did sell my Open Neon Sign that way Fezz, and it did look great at their establishment!! Until!!! Mrs. Cool Optician!

James Harvey Robinson

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Are the letters removable? You could rearrange them to spell "Topical" and sell it to an ointment store. Or find a medical hemp shop in California. They could call it " Cal Pot inc.".

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by optical24/7 View Post
    Are the letters removable? You could rearrange them to spell "Topical" and sell it to an ointment store. Or find a medical hemp shop in California. They could call it " Cal Pot inc.".

Lol! Unfortunately it is not interchangeable. But that would be a great idea if they were.....we could have a party, bring out a few bottles and challenge everybody to come up with the best businesses that would work! :-)

I'd settle for someone in mid Florida, who could use a neon sign to advertise their business.

James Harvey Robinson

Thread Information