Thread: I Like Sports!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

I Like Sports!

So.. is anybody else enjoying the Yankees being swept by the Tigers as much as I am?
    Patient, ".. Doctor says I have a subscription for stigmata.. Can you fill that?"
    Me, "..Um.. "

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Oh hell yes! I was lucky enough to be home watching the game yesterday and got pretty emotional when they won. I'm Detroit born and raised, this means a lot to me and to this city. GO TIGERS!!

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    It's awesome. I'm a Red Wings fan and I like anybody who beats the stinkin' Yankees. Double win for me.

OptiBoardaholic OptiBoard Gold Supporter Mick's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Woo Hoo! Enjoy the off season A-Rod

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    i enjoy it when the yankees get killed by any team ... but especially bahstan
    "what i need is a strong drink and a peer group." ... Douglas Adams - Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy

Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by vcom View Post
    So.. is anybody else enjoying the Yankees being swept by the Tigers as much as I am?
    Oh heck YES!

I wish baseball would adopt a football model of revenue sharing. I think the sport is becoming less and less relevant because small markets are being shutout of any chance to win the World Series. I'd also make the game 7 innings so we can return to the 3 hour game that I enjoyed as a kid- but maybe that's just me.

I predict a team for sale after next season. Bought for 750 million but will sell for about 1.5 billion. Time to take the profit and run to Liverpool.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    O.k. Now some fun stuff.. Super Bowl predictions??
    Patient, ".. Doctor says I have a subscription for stigmata.. Can you fill that?"
    Me, "..Um.. "

Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    O.k. Now some fun stuff.. Super Bowl predictions??
    Hundreds of you tube videos of marriage proposals during Beyonce's "Put a Ring On It" song.

(Those romantic devils.)

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    World Series Factoids: *Detroit Tigers are the oldest one name, one city franchise in the American League. One of the original 8 AL teams, the club was chartered in 1894!
    *San Francisco Giants were founded in 1883, and thus have won more games than any other professional sports team in North America, with 10,616 wins!
    Me, "..Um.. "

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    World Series Factoids:
    *San Francisco Giants were founded in 1883, and thus have won more games than any other professional sports team in North America, with 10,616 wins!
    Yes, the "Giants" were founded in 1883, but of course they were not the SF Giants, but the NY Giants (they've won 6 World Series, but only one of them while in SF). The franchise moved to San Francisco in 1957. The next year the Dodgers left Brooklyn for LA.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Yup! Red Sox fans here!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    TLG if you want to be technical, they were originaly the New York Gothams, and it wasn't untill their manager at the time started referring to them as 'Giants' due to their success, that the new nickname stuck.

..and an optiboard thread without members splitting hairs over facts is like deja-vu all over again.
    Me, "..Um.. "

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    The only consolation for this Rays fan not seeing the water flyers make the post-season was seeing the Yankees get swept. The Tigers are going to need to find a way to contain Sandoval. Go cats!
    Clinton Tower

The intellect to live free is in short supply
    ALT248=°

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Giants sweep!! Giants sweep!! Take that FOX Sports advertising revenue!!
    Me, "..Um.. "

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    TLG if you want to be technical, they were originaly the New York Gothams, and it wasn't untill their manager at the time started referring to them as 'Giants' due to their success, that the new nickname stuck.

..and an optiboard thread without members splitting hairs over facts is like deja-vu all over again.
    Didn't mean to offend!

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    Cincinnati Reds go back to 1869 as first professional team...but their team page only show official league records from 1882 with 10,138 wins and 9,809 losses
    same with Cleveland, started as the Forrest Cities at the same time..but the 1869-1880 records are spotty because of all the amateur and barnstorming play.
    Jim Schafer
    Retired From PPG Industries/
    Transitions Optical, Inc.

When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say even less.
    Paul Brown

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    So, now that we get to see the Harbaugh brothers coach against each other in the Super Bowl, what are the chances we will ever see them Manning boys QB against each other in the Game of Games?
    Me, "..Um.. "

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Of course yes guys usually love sports,But my Favorite is football i love playing it,There are two reasons behind it.
    Firstly the physic it is a very healthy sport for being physically fit,I feel myself like an athlete because it has developed a lot of strength and stamina in me.
    Second is it helps me financially when i play it for any organization.
    Last edited by Hemanth; 02-16-2013 at 11:45 AM.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    On September 3, 2013, the Pittsburgh Pirates defeated the Milwaukee Brewers 4-3 in Milwaukee, to win their 81st game of the season, clinching their first non-losing season since 1992. 20 years of under .500 baseball. Yowza.
    Me, "..Um.. "

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    If MLB would have allowed Mark Cuban to buy the Pirates, their wait would have ended long ago. Selig and others were scared to death of Cuban...afraid of another Steinbrenner but this time in a small market.

God forbid baseball to have an over the top owner and bring life back into the sport.

Happy for Pirate fans that had to endure the dismantling of that good team in the early 90's because of ownership unwilling to pay FA money to Bonds. Bonilla and company, lost them with no compensation...and then go 20 years with no hopes...
    Jim Schafer
    Retired From PPG Industries/
    Transitions Optical, Inc.

When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say even less.
    Paul Brown

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    This Saturday, my elder son, (the one who came in 2nd in the Moxie chugging contest this summer) and his football team the Mattanawcook Academy Lynx, are playing in the LTC East Championship game!! Wooooot for high school football!!! They finished the regular season with only one loss, to the very same team they are about to battle again for the championship. It should be pretty epic!! I expect all of my fellow optiboarders to show their support and wear maroon and grey and shout GO LYNX!! at 1pm EST this Saturday!!
    Me, "..Um.. "

Thread Information