Thread: Superclips..are they still around?

OptiBoard Professional gibby2020's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optometrist

Superclips..are they still around?

Hello everyone

I have not been in the dispensing biz long but one the staff mentioned Superclips as an alternate to EasyClips.
    Are they any good?
    I see the website exists but there's no contact info so....any ideas as to what happened?
    Any other brands out here?

Thanks
    Gibster

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Yes, they are from Perfect Optical, but they are considered as a seperate entity. They don't have magnets, but posts that click into the frame. They are pretty good. They have alot of nice men's styles. The ladies models are okay.They have alot of semi-rimless in the ladies selection. It would be nice if there were some more fashionable models for ladies. The place I work for has had no problems with this company.They do have a website wich has yet to be updated, so if you are looking there may be alot of disco models on it. It would be best to contact the company to see the product. All clips are polarized and the prices are reasonable.Hope this helps.

OptiBoard Professional gibby2020's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Thanks curtains1

Some say the ball and socket type attachment of Superclips is harder to engage vs magnets. We'll see gonna order some up for staff and see what they say.

Gibbenator

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Disclaimer: I work for the company.

For those out there still using 'clip on' technology you should check out magnetic lenses - base curve matched to the prescription, fits any frame, and now available in refractive layers. Undoubtedly the easiest to attach and the best strength to weight ratio. It's called " Chemistrie" and was invented in an optometry practice.

Thread Information