• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VSP Threatens to Leave California

Interesting article from a local California newspaper

www.sacbee.com/2012/09/19/4833078/rancho-cordovas-vsp-threatens.html
    If Walmart has it I don't want it...

This is why socialized medicine won't work in America...it's too late. The drug companies and large private companies are the puppeteers of politicians. The strings are too tangled to undo in this country. It won't work.

Comment

Good, I think they should stop threatening and just do it. That will help with my business for sure.

Comment

Where's that tiny violin of mine?

Comment

Empty threat.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaU2020 View Post
            This is why socialized medicine won't work in America...it's too late. The drug companies and large private companies are the puppeteers of politicians. The strings are too tangled to undo in this country. It won't work.
            If only it were socialized like medicare!

Why not cut the strings?

Comment

I was thinking of starting a donation fund for VSP, and passing the hat around. I am so sad for them. Without VSP, we would all be wearing monocolues with glass executives.

Comment

Originally posted by denizen View Post
                Empty threat.
                Not so sure about that. CA is an expensive place to do business as it is. Corporations have been leaving in droves looking for more business friendly environments.

Comment

Originally posted by AustinEyewear View Post
                  Not so sure about that. CA is an expensive place to do business as it is. Corporations have been leaving in droves looking for more business friendly environments.
                  I used to provide some services to VSP in Rancho Cordova and they are rooted there. Their employees would be very resistant to relocation, so they would have to rehire, and retrain probably 1400 people. The other 600 might move, but with hefty relocation bonuses. It could be done, but it would be a enormous and expensive undertaking. They would also be left with two office towers that given their poor location, and the vacancies in the area, would be impossible to lease for market rates.

its a bluff.

Comment

Working...
                  X