Thread: Hi Index vs regular lenses and particular brands?

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field

Hi Index vs regular lenses and particular brands?

Hi All, I’ve been reading this board for quite some time and have yet to post. I know that there tends to be a lot of tension between the big box brands vs private opticians (personal belief is better quality MUST come with a private opticion who sees 5-15 patients a day vs. Walmart) Regardless, the $100 price tag of Walmart is attractive. Just to start I AM NOT looking for any medical advice however if there is a particular brand etc that someone may be able to point my attention to so I could research it further it would be greatly appreciated
    I’ll be finishing law school in December and am considering a number of jobs that have vision restrictions. My prescription is as follows
    OD +0.25 -3.25 x 15
    OS -3.00 -1.25 x 175
    My Doctors actual notes are as follows: Strabismus reveals up to 12 prism diopters of exotropia and up to 10 prism diopters of exotropia and hypertropia at near this is well controlled to a 1 prism diopter deviation for both distance and near and increased to the larger deviation occurs only with alternating occulation.
    I’m not quite sure what that all means, however I’m looking for a lens that may improve my corrected vision from 20/30 to 20/20 and 20/40 to 20/30
    I would certainly go to a leading optician in the area however being a broke law student and being in Western NY my options are kind of limited
    Again, I am NOT seeking any sort of medical advice
    Thanks all

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    You may not be asking for medical advice, but you are asking optical related questions. Please review and follow our posting guidelines. Finding a local eycare professional who can get to know you and your situation is the only way to go.

This forum is for Eyecare Professionals. Consumers are allowed to post in the Just Conversation forum and non-optical topics only. Please be aware that any questions involving optics or eyecare may be removed. These kinds of questions should be discussed with a qualified eyecare professional who has examined you and is familiar with your situation.
    Last edited by Fezz; 09-19-2012 at 09:15 PM.

Thread Information