Thread: Reflection on the World Scene

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Reflection on the World Scene

Folks,
    The turmoil in the Middle East has certainly turned very ugly very quickly. As we debate the important issue of tattoos and piercing in the workplace, and taking PDs and Seg Heights, please take a moment to pray for our Ambassador, and the US Marine and others killed and wounded in the terrorist bombing of the US Embassy yesterday. Also, please consider the others in harms way in Egypt, Yemen and other places that may be affected. And lastly, keep the troops and civilians in mind today. The world is iin a terrible place today, and we are in the cross hairs of people who wish to do us harm. I hope we all consider closely our future leadership. We just went from an economic focus in this coming election to one of safety and security for our nation, all at a time when we are in the process of drastically cutting defense spending.

Warren

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    My heart goes out to those families, and all the families of those serving. Another un-provoked attack, time for some tomahawks to fly from the subs in the Med, problem solved. Two ships left Norfolk Naval station last evening, not sure to where.

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Not to worry the president has said he is going to talk to these people an make them friends.
    Seems the good Ambassador made the same mistake Ronald Regan did, had marine guards with guns and no ammunition (guess he didn't want to offend anyone by shooting them). Don't know how other people feel but I would rather have a club than an empty gun. No one is going to attack a Marine with a gun with anything less than a gun. An unloaded gun is a dangerous think to the person carrying it.

Chip

Banned
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by chip anderson View Post
    Seems the good Ambassador made the same mistake Ronald Regan did, had marine guards with guns and no ammunition (guess he didn't want to offend anyone by shooting them). Chip
    Gotta call B.S. on this...source please!!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by obxeyeguy View Post
    .....time for some tomahawks to fly from the subs in the Med, problem solved.
    And the targeting? All of Libya? Just downtown Benghazi? And after this "problem solved/mission accomplished" moment, what other heads of the hydra will appear?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    That entire region is a powder keg. Wait until Israel gets attacked and lights up the entire middle east. For now, for me, Benghazi works, send a message we will not tolerate this type of act against Americans.

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I tole you not to worry now, de presuhdent be done gonna talk to dem people an make friens outta dem. He said so.

Just today he appologise fo sending mixed signals to da middle eastern peoples.

Chip

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Barry Santini's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Now Chiiiiip.......

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Moving to correct forum.

Banned
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeAurelius View Post
    Gotta call B.S. on this...source please!!
    I've done a bit more digging on this, it seems our buddy Chip has a bit of a chip on his shoulder regarding our President (as is obvious by his post above, which is really, really sad) and his foreign policies. He got his so-called "information" from an internet meme, not from any authenticated sources. The U.S. Marine Corps has responded to this meme and stated that it does not take orders on weaponry and ammunition from the diplomatic corps, only from the the Commander. And further, that they were fully armed and ammunitioned, not to mention the fact that they fought a running retreat during the battle, injuring and/or killing a number of attackers.

I sincerely hope that Chip will 'man up' and admit to the facts and apologize to all of us for posting this nonsensical post, and remove his "poor negro talk" post as well.

We are supposedly educated people here, and this is so far beneath all of us that it is an insult.

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    I think it's a safe bet to say that none of us have "the facts". The Marines will say what they are ordered to say. The Chairborne paper pushing careerists do what they must to make and keep rank, and the warrior community generally despises the current administration. I suspect that it's telling that this story is out (possibly leaked?) but I don't have "the facts" either.
    Now, what do you make of the contradictory stories that the Ambassador died of smoke inhalation, was missing for hours, and there are pictures of his body being dragged and carried through the street, yet those images are spun to make it seem that the "protesters" were were taking him to the hospital? If he had died of smoke inhalation from the embassy fire, he would have been dead for quite a while at that point.
    I believe we are being lied to by all sides, and the truth is somewhere in the middle.
    Wesley S. Scott, MBA, MIS, ABOM, NCLE-AC, LDO - SC & GA

“As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.” -Albert Einstein

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes View Post
    I believe we are being lied to by all sides, and the truth is somewhere in the middle.
    Sounds like more of the same, just like the killing of Bin Laden, 2 stories.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by wmcdonald View Post
    Folks,
    The turmoil in the Middle East has certainly turned very ugly very quickly. As we debate the important issue of tattoos and piercing in the workplace, and taking PDs and Seg Heights, please take a moment to pray for our Ambassador, and the US Marine and others killed and wounded in the terrorist bombing of the US Embassy yesterday. Also, please consider the others in harms way in Egypt, Yemen and other places that may be affected. And lastly, keep the troops and civilians in mind today. The world is iin a terrible place today, and we are in the cross hairs of people who wish to do us harm. I hope we all consider closely our future leadership. We just went from an economic focus in this coming election to one of safety and security for our nation, all at a time when we are in the process of drastically cutting defense spending.

Warren
    Warren,

Thank you for your very well stated post. I am praying right now for our marines and all military as our situation could change at a moments notice. For those who have been injured an died, I pray for their families. I believe that we should all pray for our country and those serving it at all levels.

This is not a time for us to post unfounded information. We need to be sure of what we say.

Diane
    Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    There is no greater challenge that the beast in us all face than the calling from the Master to listen to our better angels and practice God's teachings.

http://www.bibletools.org/index.cfm/...everseid/23279

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Interesting new this morning, and Wes, it was on TV and the local radio news station, so I know it must be true! There is a new major protest in Libya that will show the huge distaste of most of the people there for the terrorist actions of recent days, and especially the killing of the Ambassador and others. The reporter indicated that locals were coming up to him in the street and actually apologizing to him, as an American, for these actions against a country that liberated them. Is this true? I guess time will tell. Keep a watch.

Occupation
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19602177

It seems that attacking western embassies is the thing to do these days.

“As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.” -Albert Einstein

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeAurelius View Post
    I sincerely hope that Chip will 'man up' and admit to the facts and apologize to all of us for posting this nonsensical post, and remove his "poor negro talk" post as well.

We are supposedly educated people here, and this is so far beneath all of us that it is an insult.
    In defense of Chip you'll see he writes this way often. Unfortunately he's no Samuel Clemens when it comes to the nuance of a written black deep south dialect as opposed to white or cajun.

In fact he might say they all sound the same to him!

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Izz jus writin in language I figure folks that support the presidunce will unnastan.

Occupation
    Chip, go clean that mess up before you get yourself banned. Again.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    So pleased to see that we have such fine representation for the optical profession. And we wonder why people are flocking to online...

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Izz jus writin in language I figure folks that support the presidunce will unnastan.
    Really, Chip? REALLY?

Banned
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    In defense of Chip you'll see he writes this way often. Unfortunately he's no Samuel Clemens when it comes to the nuance of a written black deep south dialect as opposed to white or cajun.

In fact he might say they all sound the same to him!
    There is NO defense for his writing. None whatsoever.

It's not funny. It's not a joke. It's an insult, pure and simple.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I tried to defend him. Oh well.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    And the arrogance of Chip shines through again.

(im sure he is a pretty good guy in person, I dont know him. But he seems to have difficulty delivering his message in a receptive manner here at times)

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Time to wrap this up before it gets uglier than what it already has!

****CLOSED****

Thread Information