Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ...and I'm here to sell YOU a pair of glasses!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Comfortable price= You explain what they are getting,you tell them the cost,they say---"fantastic, lets order them". Only thing left to say is "thank you". NO FURTHER PERSUASION NECESSARY. Accountability is good. Willing to re-framestyle someone or refund them money and place them in a lower priced lens because the product did not "wow" them the way that they were told it would is accountability. Let us all practice accountability.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Fezz View Post
    I sell "Myself"!

After that, everything else is the olive in a martini!
    I like that reply! That's what we did too....educate them on what's available, but there is only so much time you have to do that. So in the end, many people made choices on the fact that they trusted my husband, (smile) and not because they really understood what they were getting. But they did see well, look awesome, and we stood behind our product (based upon manuf warranties) so the rep we had was 'go to see us, they know what they're doing.' Lol, the patient didn't know what they got always, but they trusted that WE did know what we were doing.
    Mother Theresa - MRS. "CoolOptican"

Most of our so-called reasoning consists in finding arguments for going on believing as we already do. —
    James Harvey Robinson

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    What do you mean by being held accountable? I'm curious.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolOptician View Post
    I like that reply! That's what we did too....educate them on what's available, but there is only so much time you have to do that. So in the end, many people made choices on the fact that they trusted my husband, (smile) and not because they really understood what they were getting. But they did see well, look awesome, and we stood behind our product (based upon manuf warranties) so the rep we had was 'go to see us, they know what they're doing.' Lol, the patient didn't know what they got always, but they trusted that WE did know what we were doing.
    I love those sales, I find that I am trying to turn all my clients into those patients. I'm not trying to spend hours with anyone, sometimes it's necessary but most of the time it's not. I love the patients that come in that rave about how great their glasses were, then they want me to explain the difference between their current pair and the new pair. I tell them, "about $100 more than you paid for those and another year or two of blissful satisfaction." Get's them everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by tx11 View Post
    What do you mean by being held accountable? I'm curious.
    Lesson of the day is over, I'm not going to keep feeding you ways of not liking the way I do things. I get it your above reproach, you recommend and you offer comfortable prices with no persuasion, it's a more conservative approach then me..

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I'm far from "above reproach".Really. BUT I am conservative. I feel much more comfortable making the options known, recommending best solutions and allowing the client/patient to choose. I admire your passion and confidence PhiTrace! I think that there is always a tension between pushing for higher sales and wanting to be a trusted member of a patient's healthcare team (they really do assume that we as opticians have their best interests at heart).

It would seem that the most successful and happiest opticians are those that have a passion not only for what they do but also for what they do for their patients/clients. I feel best when I meet a vision need at a price that didn't produce a financial burden. Conservative.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hey guys and gals: thanks for keeping this thread as friendly as it has been. I appreciate it.

Rising Star
    Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    After Proper Examination of your Body ,A Doctor found that You are carrying ........Infection & Present The Options of Medicines Available in market to cure the infection and leave it upto you to choose ,what you would like or what suits your budget ........Would you like to go to this Doctor next time ,if needed ?
    I Personally think that ''Presenting Options is CONFUSING THE CLIENT ''..........Sell with Confidence !
    Yes ,Budgget is The Issue but Client's Wallet can Be Weigh by Scaning of his Belongings

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper your customers will tell you that you are the best...........................

Quote Originally Posted by PhiTrace View Post

My point is who cares what I define as best, wear it like a peacock. It's all about confidence anyway, that's why I sell and not recommend. Recommending means I don't value my own opinion enough. Selling means I can be held accountable.
    The Internet has shifted the power from the seller to the buyer. We’ve shifted from a delay economy to a real-time economy.

Part of good selling is learning up front how our prospects want to buy. If customers want to buy online, we need to offer that choice.

If prospects want a simple transaction, don’t go through your relationship mating dance. If a prospect has mapped out a more scientific approach to the buying process, match your selling style to the prospect’s buying style.

If prospects want more creative ideas that lead to an artful solution to their problems, tap into your artistic side. Sell the way your customer wants to buy. If you are in doubt about what selling means, just ask your customers. If you want to learn how to sell better, ask your customers. Once you reach the top of your profession, your customers will tell you that you are the best, and you will say, "I still have a lot to learn."

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by manoj_verma View Post
    After Proper Examination of your Body ,A Doctor found that You are carrying ........Infection & Present The Options of Medicines Available in market to cure the infection and leave it upto you to choose ,what you would like or what suits your budget ........Would you like to go to this Doctor next time ,if needed ?
    I Personally think that ''Presenting Options is CONFUSING THE CLIENT ''..........Sell with Confidence !
    Yes ,Budgget is The Issue but Client's Wallet can Be Weigh by Scaning of his Belongings
    Lets suppose there are several drugs on the market that accomplish the same things. The branded drug cost a lot more, the generic cost significantly less, yet they both treat the same condition effectively. Does spending more money on the branded drug get a different result other than lightening your wallet?

There are alot of good looking low priced optical products available on the market-from frames to PALs (there is even price ranges on silicone nose pads). I like to be able to offer vision products at all price ranges and DISPENSE WITH CONFIDENCE knowing that every thing reccommended is quality.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by snotbagel View Post
    Never assume you know a customer's budget. Always PROFESSIONALLY assess what wil benefit your patient, recommend the options, and let the patient tell you if there is a budget issue. Would you not kick yourself if you failed to recommend AR coating, pre-judging a patient's wallet, and see them in two years wearing AR they got from another optician?
    I don't like to assume anything nor do i want to waste time recommending all the good and high end stuff and in the end have the customer tell me it's too expensive.
    so i always ask if they have a budget in mind and how much are they willing to spend based on their needs so that i can show and recommend them stuff that are within their budget. after that , i will tell them what they will get if they are willing to spend a bit more.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Win C View Post
    I don't like to assume anything nor do i want to waste time recommending all the good and high end stuff and in the end have the customer tell me it's too expensive.
    so i always ask if they have a budget in mind and how much are they willing to spend based on their needs so that i can show and recommend them stuff that are within their budget. after that , i will tell them what they will get if they are willing to spend a bit more.

Hmmm, there must be a 'balance place' here. Too often, when asking people 'their budget' it is what they WANT to spend on glasses, not what they HAVE to spend. Too often, the benefits of quality eyewear are not known by patients, and the differences they are experiencing not fully understood. I think one must always be able to 'share' some of what makes really good glasses 'good'....(I'm retired now, my vocabulary must have too :-))....so people have an opportunity to 'rethink' that bottom line on their eyewear costs....and just exactly what they are willing to 'part with' on that item that just so happens to be pretty much the ONE thing they use every day, and that people SEE first, every time that they look at them! :-) Just a thought!
    Mother Theresa - MRS. "CoolOptican"

Most of our so-called reasoning consists in finding arguments for going on believing as we already do. —
    James Harvey Robinson

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Win C View Post
    +1

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I think its ok to ONLY offer the the latest technology and trendiest fashion frames at a higher price with the UNDERSTANDING that the client can go some where else to get their vision needs met at a lower price. Offering ONLY mid to high priced eyewear will force some, if not many, clients to purchase elsewhwere. IMHO its not opticians job to convince people to spend more than their budget allows for eyewear. It is the opticians job to make sure that the the clients vision needs are met. IMHO an opticians job is to make sure that the prescription is filled accurately and that the eyewear is fitted properly. Buying smart ensures that a fair net profit is made.

Opticians allowed to deliver what the client needs at a price they want (be a problem solver) on a consistant basis , IMO will be considered the (healthcare) professionals that they wish to be seen in the publics eye.

Thread Information