photochromic in blue or purple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• photochromic in blue or purple

Does anyone know if there is still a company left that makes photochromic lenses which are not gray or brown?
    The only company I know of was in Italy and went our of business.....
    I promised my customer (why, oh why am I always doing that?) to find him a pair in blue or purple.
    Thanks for your help guys!

You may still be able to get them from China, several companies there are or were making them. Opticast had monomer available for their systems in both blue and purple and others.

Comment

Would have expected a question like this from someone in San Francisco or LA. Thought Floridians had thier stuff together better.

Chip

Comment

oh wait.... what was it again somebody wrote in the forum..... oh yeah now I remember:

No matter how long we have been in this business, no matter how much we studied, no matter how much we learned. You can still fill volumes with what we don't know.

Comment

Thanks for mentioning Opticast

Comment

Reply was aimed at your clientel, not you. Suspect customer has illegal substances nearby.

Comment

The only company that comes to mind is Marinelli, distributed in the US by Marma Vision. www.marmausa.com is the website, I think. Luzerne was carrying them, but had some quality issues that were not acceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by chip anderson View Post
                Reply was aimed at your clientel, not you. Suspect customer has illegal substances nearby.
                oh, my mind is so pure and innocent that I didn't even think of that

Comment

@ Judy: thanks, that's the company I mentioned. They had the problems and now You can't get a hold of them anymore. I tried it in the US, London, Germany and Italy....

Comment

It was a shame really. The sample lenses were really cool!

Comment

I think optisource had them!
                      WWW.ReliableOptics.com

Comment

Wish Transitions had not discontinued the Splitz lenses.

Diane
                        Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

Comment

Transitions is doing a golf lens with Nike that is purple in color. Perfect Optics in california does the nike lenses you may check into that.

Comment

As transitions do not go dark enough in purple for the golf course in the heat on top of it, you can buy a dyes doing the same in a dark color just about from any dye supplier.

Comment

Actually I have a pair blue photochromics... Thay are made by Marma... You can also get them gradient and add mirror as well... I have been using them for a year now and pretty happy with them.

Comment

Working...
                              X