Thread: BBGR selective

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optometrist

BBGR selective

Given the choice between syncrony or amplitude which do you think would be better for someone who has worn BBGR selective for the last four years.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    I would probably use a Physio, since BBGR lenses often use Varilux designs. I would be tempted to use a Zeiss GT23D though, as I try to avoid Essilor where possible.

I'm sorry that this doesn't really answer your question , but I would honestly not use either of the lenses you mentioned... certainly not the amplitude anyway, and I don't know what the other one is.

Of course, the Rx and speaking to the patient may completely change my opinions, so I guess my answer is quite worthless.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Thanx Robert!
    Helps a lot. (I should have phrased my question different in that I am unfamiliar with BBGR lenses.)

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    You're welcome!

I am relatively familiar with BBGR and, like Essilor, they are awkward designs to get people out of. I would avoid Hoya altogether (I'm a big fan of Hoya but they don't go well with Essilor).

What is the Syncrony, may I ask?

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Sola synchrony replaced sola graduate I believe. It is the budget option offered to us by Zeiss lab. I am actually trying to get a lens map. I recently started working at a private practice and really pushed out of my Hoya/Essilor comfort zone!

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    try shamir genesis it a great lens if you ask me

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    The Genesis is certainly a very good lens design, although, in my experience, nothing special.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Selective is basicly a varilux comfort lens, wenn shamir started they use "varilux comfort that was the best lens of the time, as the fondamet for there improvement" so if you want to change them to a lens that is simular to selctive, varilux comfort is the right chois, genesis is an improved varilux comfort" thats why i recommend genesis.

Changes that is not god by my own experirence:
    Essilor ----> Zeiss
    Essilor ---->Rodenstock
    Hoya ----> Essilor
    Zeiss ---->Rodenstock

best regards

Peter

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Linda V, welcome to Optiboard.

I am sorry I will offer a completely different answer to what you have here. I would propose an entirely different dispensing philosophy. Instead of replacing a lens in which one matches another flaws, why not try to find the best lens for the patient in question instead?

Would I select an automobile soley on what someone drove before? For example, if someone asked for a suggestion on a car, I would find out their needs and interests first. A mother with 5 children would probably need a Mini-van. A single man with a lot of money would probably want a sports car or stylish luxery sedan. In all these cases it really doesn't matter what they drove in with, their needs don't change based on the car they previously drove.

So if you want, what are the visual needs for your patient? What are their hobbies, lifestyle? And even their RX?

Quote Originally Posted by Linda V View Post
    Given the choice between syncrony or amplitude which do you think would be better for someone who has worn BBGR selective for the last four years.

Thread Information