Thread: Cheap software for retrieving client information

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Cheap software for retrieving client information

I just set up an eye care centre in Kumasi, Ghana. I need a cheap software for my optometrist to principally retrieve client medical information and schedule revisits.

I am really low on funds after setting up the center.

Any ideas on good, simple but lowly prized softwares I can use?

Regards

Banned
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    You can set up some fairly simple stuff using Microsoft Office and a few of the supplied templates. You'd need, at a minimum, Outlook and Excel, maybe Access as well.

You can also download for free the OpenOffice software here: http://www.openoffice.org/ The only drawback is that it doesn't have Outlook, but hopefully you can get that near you somewhere. Outlook can handle your calendar and scheduling.

Open Office or MS Office spreadsheet and database can handle the medical information. It will require some searching for the free templates, but they are out there on the 'net.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Thanks Mike

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    You can go as cheap as free, with Open Office. But admit Microsoft has some better interfaces.

I would suggest a database, such as Microsoft Access. As time goes on, the data will get harder to manage using just a spread sheet like Excel. With Access you can have your different tables set up, different forms be the interface to fill in demographics, history, presenting rx/va, final, etc..It would take some time to set up yourself, but it is totally doable.

The nice thing about using access, is that when you meet the limit of data it can handle, it is generally easy to import into Oracle, or a larger SQL DB system.
    "Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    This is free to try, and only $39 to buy (that should qualify for cheap). I have no experience with this but it can't hurt to download for free and take it for a drive!
    http://download.cnet.com/windows/ere..._4-106006.html

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    What is your budget? I was recently looking for a cheap management software as well. The software from meyeapps (www.meyeapps.com) costs only $1000 one time. I haven't found anything cheaper than that. Everyting else is above $5000 excluding all other fees. meyeapps management software is very complete actually and is made for optometry office. You can even try it for 3 months.

Thread Information