Thread: Optical Info

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Optical Info

When we have a question, on this forum, I tend to think we want something more than a google search.
    Last edited by eyechick1969; 06-10-2012 at 09:57 AM. Reason: too vague

Occupation
    Optometrist
    To what are you specifically referring?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Ummm if i ask for anything optical, please don't google it then copy & paste it to me. I'm pretty sure if we are in this forum, we have internet & can google all by ourselves.

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by eyechick1969 View Post
    Ummm if i ask for anything optical, please don't google it then copy & paste it to me. I'm pretty sure if we are in this forum, we have internet & can google all by ourselves.
    As I good friend of mine once said, "To what are you specifically referring?" (I think he asked it way back at 9:33)

Yeah... Drk has a way of asking those tough questions that everyone else is thinking, but are afraid to ask...
    Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    nothing specific...at this point.... but if I ask, please don't copy & paste info to me! I can do so myself! Copy & pasting has been the answer I've seen here too much. Folks here want experienced opinions, or so I assume. If this topic is just too vague, then .....my bad.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

We can all do a google search............................

When we have a question, on this forum, I tend to think we want something more than a google search. Not copy & paste. We can all do a google search. Like we want opinions from experience....We all seem to have a PC/Internet.

What a question..................................

When you can do a Google search and find the results, why then ask the question ? Obviously the ones that ask questions to which the answer is easily available on search engines, and there are thousands of them, and not only Google, do not know how to do it and get it, and they might be too lazy to do it.

Therefore it is proper to copy and paste a readily available answer instead of typing it up which takes time for nothing, specially for items that are easily available.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I don't understand why people would get upset at others trying to help others out the best, or easiest way they can? My question is why does it bug you so that someone would try to help others by using google, even, if for you it may seem simple and easy, sometimes it can be difficult to come up with just the correct words or phrases that will tell the person that is googling what they are looking for. I see it as another tool in the box, and I, for one, appreciate those who do whatever they feel will work the best to come up with an answer to a question posed here.

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Of course if there is something about Google search there is a more ancient, more conclusive and even more accurate method to obtain knowledge, I think they called them books.

Chip

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    In human-computer interaction, cut and paste and copy and paste are related commands that offer a user-interface interaction technique for transferring text, data, files or objects from a source to a destination. Most ubiquitously, users require the ability to cut and paste sections of plain text. The cut command removes the selected data from its original position, while the copy command creates a duplicate; in both cases the selected data is placed in a clipboard. The data in the clipboard is later inserted in the position where the paste command is issued.
    The command names are an interface metaphor based on the physical procedure used in manuscript editing to create a page layout.
    This interaction technique has close associations with related techniques in graphical user interfaces that use pointing devices such as a computer mouse (by drag and drop, for example).

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Johns View Post
    In human-computer interaction, cut and paste and copy and paste are related commands that offer a user-interface interaction technique for transferring text, data, files or objects from a source to a destination. Most ubiquitously, users require the ability to cut and paste sections of plain text. The cut command removes the selected data from its original position, while the copy command creates a duplicate; in both cases the selected data is placed in a clipboard. The data in the clipboard is later inserted in the position where the paste command is issued.
    The command names are an interface metaphor based on the physical procedure used in manuscript editing to create a page layout.
    This interaction technique has close associations with related techniques in graphical user interfaces that use pointing devices such as a computer mouse (by drag and drop, for example).
    I think this was copied and pasted!

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by optical24/7 View Post
    I think this was copied and pasted!
    Darn! Caught again!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Can we use Bing or Yahoo!?:)

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by LENNY View Post
    Can we use Bing or Yahoo!?:)
    Don't do it Lenny. Google is watching you!

P.S. It would be nice if the Optiboard search feature worked a little better. Seems hard to narrow down specific topics.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I agree with that Austin!

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinEyewear View Post
    P.S. It would be nice if the Optiboard search feature worked a little better. Seems hard to narrow down specific topics.
    How about using the Google Advanced Search option to search OptiBoard?
    http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en

To restrict the search to OptiBoard, you can narrow your results by setting the site or domain to "optiboard.com".

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by rinselberg View Post

To restrict the search to OptiBoard, you can narrow your results by setting the site or domain to "optiboard.com".
    Hey rinselberg - very cool! Didn't know that existed.

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by rinselberg View Post

Thanks! That has potential uses for a lot more than just Optiboard!
    Wesley S. Scott, MBA, MIS, ABOM, NCLE-AC, LDO - SC & GA

“As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.” -Albert Einstein

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    my bad...If it includes an answer to the post, then knock yourself out! I seem to read a ton of C & P's that are like a book & dance around the subject but don't actually help the poster with an answer.

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    my bad...If it includes an answer to the post, then knock yourself out! I seem to read a ton of C & P's that are like a book & dance around the subject but don't actually help the poster with an answer.
    eyechhick, I think that you'll find the answers to questions found in the professional forum are much more in depth, thoughtful, and lack the "cut and paste" you find offensive.

Of course, it is not free, and some might find paying for good answers to be offensive.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    like I said, if it includes the answer to the question, then no offensive taken..... at all!

Hmmm, so you think I should start paying the $5/month again. I will, I will, no problem. But I seem to recall almost no activity in the professional forum. (If I"m recalling incorrectly, by all means, correct me please.) I actually stopped clicking on that forum. I"m guessing that there are just not enough members to keep that forum active. It seems that all the activity is right here. Honestly, I think pay pal took my card off due to I guess I needed to update my exp date. I really just haven't gotten around to it. I wish there was some way to get that forum more active. I agree, I need to just figure out how to update my exp. date so I can continue to support Steve and the OB. Thanks for calling me on that!!!!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Of course, it is not free, and some might find paying for good answers to be offensive.

I hardly call $5 month paying for anything. It's more like a small contribution. If you see that I haven't renewed in the near future, by all means, remind me. No offense will be taken.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Johns,

Like now there's one viewing in the professional forum & 133 in this one. When I renew, it will not be to gain access to the prof. forum but to support OB.

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

I hardly call $5 month paying for anything. It's more like a small contribution. If you see that I haven't renewed in the near future, by all means, remind me. No offense will be taken.
    You know, you are absolutely correct! The majority of the info given in ALL the forums is pretty high caliber. What I posted was pretty lame, and I apologize. I just never pass up an opportunity to try to drum up support for the pro side..

-johns

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Blue Jumper On OptiBoard before showing up on Google........................

I hardly call $5 month paying for anything. It's more like a small contribution. If you see that I haven't renewed in the near future, by all means, remind me.
    No offense will be taken.

If paying $ 5.00 a month is so little that you call it a contribution why not contribute..............and Steve will throw in the right to use the Professional Forum.

OptiBoard is the number 1 optical forum an the web, and supported by some sponsors, but it still does cost a bundle to operate it. We all post for free, the ones that have nothing to say as well as the ones that continually complain about one thing or another.

This post is an orginal and was written 10 minutes before it appeared on Google.

Thread Information