Thread: Fort Myers Area Postion Needed

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Wave Fort Myers Area Postion Needed

I was just let go. I will explain as to why I was let go, but I do have other posts on here explaining why. If you are hiring or you know of someone who is please let me know. Thanks

Ed Lastinger
    13971 Windrush Ct. Apt 67
    N. Ft. Myers, FL 33903
    b101875@aol.com

Career Objective: To obtain a position with an organization where I can use the skills that I have learned through my education and work experience to obtain career fulfillment.

Education/Certification: Fort Myers High School:
    High School Diploma
    Pensacola Christian College:
    48 Credit Hours of a Practical Theology Degree
    SW FL Safety Council, Inc.:
    Professional Safety Certification (Management Certification)
    OSHA: Construction Safety & Health Certification
    National Safety Council: 1st Aide Certification (Not-Active)
    American Heart Association: PBLS Plus Certification (Not-Active)
    Children & Families (State): 20 Hour Child Care Training Certification
    The Florida Institute of Government (FGCU) Ie: Proposal Writing, Managing a Board of Directors

Experience:
    10/2011-05/2012 Doctor’s Eyecare Centers
    Dispensing Optician
    Management of frame board, ordering and receiving. Patient frame repair and Rx diagnostic. Within the first quarter, I increased Rx sales by 26%. I performed all duties as a dispensing optician.

02/2007-07/2011 Tucker Vision Center
    Office Manager
    Management of 6 employees, and over seeing the “day to day” operations for an optometrists office, Sales, Staff Training, Frame selection for patients, lens cutting, Fitting and dispensing of eyewear. During my employment with Dr. Tucker I have “Credentialed” Dr. Tucker with many insurances which has helped to increase the over all business by 30 % every year I have been with him. I also perform insurance and patient billing, as well as HR and Payroll Management through QuickBooks.

11/05-02/2007 Teleperformance Inc.
    Telephone Technical Support Agent, & Mentor
    I perform telephone technical support as a sub-contractor for a large computer manufacturer. During this time I have processed an over all total of combined sales in the range of $35,000, I have also resolved over 85 % of the cases for the customers I have helped. I have received many customer compliments either in the form of Customer Satisfaction Surveys or direct reports to my supervisor. I have also been made a Mentor. For This scope of my duties I work hands on with new trainees training them on technical support and the policies of the program in which I am assigned.

06/06-06/07 (part-time) Movie Gallery:
    Senior Customer Service Associate & Manager on Duty (MOD)
    I perform cash management, receiving of inventory, sales and promotions. My MOD responsibilities are: training of new employees, assisting the Store Manager with Loss Prevention with customers and employees, obtaining “Tress Passing” warrants on customers, and other projects assigned by the Store Manager.
    On all of my evaluations with this company I have received the highest marks possible.

01/01- 09/05 SW FL Floorcrafters, Inc:
    Sales Associate
    I generated customer leads to produce Sales in average of $1/2 Million a year. Full management of projects from start to finish, trough on-site measurements to blue print take offs, and receiving all monies owed to the direct completion of the customer’s project. I also designed, built and implemented a 15-station P2P platform running Win98, WinXP to a WinNT Server. I also provided the technical support and beta tested a proprietary business software program for the flooring industry. During this time I had the privilege to represent Floorcrafers at many local community events to help produce sales revenue. I also spent a year form 01/99-12/00 as the Warehouse manager/ Safety Coordinator where I managed a 2.5 million dollar warehouse. I also worked on many sensitive security issues with the owners concerning the operation of the business. I also built and maintain the company website.

01/00-1/01 Lee County Mission & Child Development Center:
    Outreach Coordinator/Administrative Assistant
    I performed the case management of over 3,000 families per year through the Outreach Program, which included managing over 200 volunteers, the management of our Thrift Store, Finical Programs and Life Skills and Work Counseling. As the Administrative Assistant for the Child Development Center, I helped manage over 20 employees, through performance counseling and as the acting Safety Coordinator. I also performed the technical support for a Win98 and WinXP simple network.

96-97 ABeka School Services (Position held while in college):
    video returns student sup.

I managed 10-15 student co-workers. Supervised the safe return of over 10,000 videotapes a day, and performed the clerical work needed for this department.

Personal Activities:

I enjoy spending time with my friends and family, volunteering at a local retirement home through my church, and watching old movies. I also enjoy playing strategy games.. In the past I have also volunteered at the Lee County Stock-Aide as a Life Skills teacher and at a homeless mission in N. Ft. Myers.

I would enjoy the privilege to interview for any position. I know I have the skills needed and am competent to perform all duties required for this position. I look forward to speaking with you in more detail about this position

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Licensed Optician in Florida?

Diane
    Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

Thread Information