Varilux "X"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Varilux "X"

Pt. has an Essilor prog. that we think is a Varilux. There is an "X" marked beside the Essilor E.
    Anyone know what this lens may be ?
    Thanks in advance.

Ok, I think I know what you mean by that. In the UK that was marketed as the Essilor Natural Ormex. The X was indicating the Refractive Index as being an Ormex, which was Essilor's name for a 1.56 Mid Index. Don't know if its the same in the US!

Tom

Comment

If it has the Essilor "e" logo, that is generally indicative of the Varilux Comfort line...As far as the "x" I'm not quite sure of.

Comment

There's a lens called the OS Digital. It's marked with an X and a *. Like other Essilor PALS, the add marked is the first two numbers of the add (e.g.: 15 for 1.50 add).

Comment

Essilor 'e' followed by an X is most definitely a Comfort Ormex with Transitions. You're looking at a 1.56 index lens. Very brittle, wouldn't put it in a supra.

This is according to laramyk.

Comment

Originally posted by cjdavis View Post
            Essilor 'e' followed by an X is most definitely a Comfort Ormex with Transitions. You're looking at a 1.56 index lens. Very brittle, wouldn't put it in a supra.

This is according to laramyk.
            Definately sounds like a comfort ormex alright. However there is a new varilux lens hitting the market soon called the Gx. This will just have an x as a logo.

Comment

Interesting...in the UK the original Vx Comfort was the Essilor "e" logo, surrounded by an outline the shape of an eye. Was the Comfort marked differently in the US?

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tsfall View Post
                Interesting...in the UK the original Vx Comfort was the Essilor "e" logo, surrounded by an outline the shape of an eye. Was the Comfort marked differently in the US?

Tom
                Sounds like you're describing the same things to me...

Comment

Thanks for the responses.

Comment

Working...
                  X