Thread: Custom Eyewear Trays

Occupation
    Optical Retail

Custom Eyewear Trays

Does anyone know a a good place that makes custom eyewear trays for a good price? I already know of Bates, looking for another to compare. Would love a rep to come out to show me options too. Thanks!

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    2 suggestions. Post this in the marketplace and have you looked at used trays. There are always folks with excess inventory who will part with their stuff for a decent price. Send me a PM and I can point you at a few folks who have excess trays.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Thanks for the reply but I am looking for CUSTOM trays. I have very particular drawers that I need to have trays fit perfectly in. I was lloking for a good company that makes trays to the specs you need... Know what I mean?

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by eyepeople View Post
    Thanks for the reply but I am looking for CUSTOM trays. I have very particular drawers that I need to have trays fit perfectly in. I was lloking for a good company that makes trays to the specs you need... Know what I mean?
    If your requirements are for plastic trays you may find the cost quite daunting. You will require a custom built mold probably costing in the neighborhood of $15,000.00. However, the cost of the trays will probably only be around $1.00 each. A less expensive solution would be to have a cabinetmaker construct them from wood. I'll bet they will cost you in the neighborhood of $50.00 each.

The cheapest solution will be to have a storage solution customized to the size of your trays.

You might just want to forget this whole frustrating project.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Java99's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    You should check out Grainger and The Container Store.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter SharonB's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Try "Gems On Display"... we have presentation trays made by them that are really nice, and really inexpensive. They might have something that "fits" your needs. While they cater to the jewelry business, many of their products can be adapted to the optical office.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Quote Originally Posted by rbaker View Post
    If your requirements are for plastic trays you may find the cost quite daunting. You will require a custom built mold probably costing in the neighborhood of $15,000.00. However, the cost of the trays will probably only be around $1.00 each. A less expensive solution would be to have a cabinetmaker construct them from wood. I'll bet they will cost you in the neighborhood of $50.00 each.

The cheapest solution will be to have a storage solution customized to the size of your trays.

You might just want to forget this whole frustrating project.
    Cheap? Who's looking for cheap? This is like the Em Power Thread only trays this time. With such an emphasis on "CUSTOM" one would think money is no obect and after all is said and done eyepeople will be able to say with great satisfaction that they have custom trays!!!

Rising Star
    Occupation
    If you are looking at folks like Bates for trays then you are not talking about job trays, normally made of plastic. Eyeglass presentation or display trays can be more easily customized but you need to be specific about what sort of tray you are looking for.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I apologize in not providing more detail as to my needs. I am looking for custom presentation trays to show off eyewear in oversized drawers, not plastic job trays.

Thread Information