Thread: Negotiations

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Negotiations

I think both sides mentioned on the other thread are correct in their own respects.
    I think the eyewear and service has a price point and if negotiating is required then so is the product. That's why we offer more than 1 AR or PAL. You don't want to pay for it at that price point then we have a lower one.
    Now if they want the best and can't pay now, they can always pay later, or they'll get an exception on price in exchange for services in their profession. This breeds a community working together around us and helps both sides. That's how I see both sides correct...

What do the rest of you think?

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Java99's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Depends on the approach I think, and what products we're talking about. If you want a 1.67 best ARC digital PAL and you're one of those people that will tell everyone in town how awesome it is, I will deal, for sure. If you want to get 30% off a package price for SV cr39 and are fighting me on UV, not so much.

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I think the patient's needs should come before everything. Price and all other conciderations should be secondary.

Chip, non-salesman optician and proud of it.

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Any of you that have Health Care Savings accounts probably already know how much can be saved by negotiating. Having a 14 yr. old son that was in the ER three times last year, I quickly learned that hospitals don't ever expect to get the price they are asking. And why should they? They don't give you a price up front, so you can't shop around. With the exception of dentists and chiropractors, do you know what your doctor charges per hour?

There are certain products I won't negotiate on, and there are certain customers I won't negotiate with. I also won't negotiate on sales taxes (give to Caesar what is Caesar's), and I won't negotiate for cash over credit. If you do, the person you negotiated now owns you.
    Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Thread Information