No announcement yet.

A friend and fellow Optiboarder has passed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just logged on and saw this...I'm speechless. Mark, my friend, you are sorely missed.

Comment

Comment

I spoke with Johns this evening, and we were able to share our sadness for Marks passing. I mentioned to him that I think I still have a pic on my work computer of all of us from un-expo 1. I will try to get to the office tomorrow, and if I can find it, I will post it so all may see Mark as he was.

Comment

:(

Never had the pleasure of interacting with, or meeting him.

Completely saddened, none the less.

I read many, an insightful, tutorial, and educational comment over the years...

My deepest condolences to his friends and family.

:(

Comment

RIP!
            You will be missed!

Comment

I never had the honor of meeting him, but I thoroughly enjoyed reading his posts. My thoughts are with all of you, his family and friends that knew him.
              Do not postpone joy

Comment

I can't tell you all how sad I was to read the first post in this thread. We had a lot in common. We were both diagnosed at about the same time, I kept sending him encouragement by PM similar to what my friends were sending me. My heart goes out to his family and his extended family here at Optiboard. We will miss him but were blessed to have him while he was here.
                "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
                Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
                www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Comment

sorry for your loss

I was fortunate enough to be able to attend the last Un-expo and got to meet him and his wife. Super nice guy! It is amazing the memories that our brain stores. I can picture us all sitting at the gazebo in the back of that hotel sharing a beer or two. I was a complete stranger to him and his wife yet you would think I was an old friend the way he greeted me. We also had quite a good time in the lobby of that hotel. We rearranged the furniture and made our own living room and just shared each others company. No real agenda, just a few like minded optical people coming together because we wanted to. It is one of the highlights of my optical journey. I'm glad I was able to share a moment in time with him and his wife. I can't imagine the loss she feels. RIP my friend. I'll see you on the other side on day.

I will add this. If your fighting with a loved one call them and apologize. Life is short! Mark was a big man with a soft heart. Let his example and light shine through.
                  Properly medicated for your protection.

Comment

My thuoghts and prayers go out to his family.

Comment

Rest in Peace, Dragon(Mark).

Our thoughts and prayers to your family and friends.

Uncut/Mrs. Uncut.
                      Eyes wide open

Comment

Just heard the news. Did not expect this at all. First Un-Expo guy to go. Save your Un-Expo beer glasses to honor him. We will toast him at our next meeting!

Comment

Mark and wife loved comedy clubs, next time we meet, let's bring her and take her to one!

Comment

I will miss his post's, and I am sad that he did not make it.
                            Chris

Comment

Here is a link to the obituary for Mark.

You can send a donation to the hospice house if you would like.

Comment

I am saddened to see this post today. Like all of us, I was pulling for him to win his fight.
                                Mark's input always carried weight. I always valued his opinon and his posts.
                                Rest in Peace Mark.
                                Jim Schafer
                                Retired From PPG Industries/
                                Transitions Optical, Inc.

When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say even less.
                                Paul Brown

Comment

Working...
                                X