Thread: The Good Report Thread

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

The Good Report Thread

I feel like there should be a thread that praises a great product or great customer service. Although it's necessary to vent sometimes I think too much attention is given to a poor product or bad customer service. To get us started I have always had great customer service from Silhouette and Legends 4.0 Dallas (Please keep this positive no vsp bashing).
    Last edited by Sledzinator; 04-11-2012 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Forgot a word...Doh

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Once upon a time I had the idea of getting the three O's together to identify good and bad optical products. I was advised by one of my mentors (an OMD expert on legal questions) that if you did same you became part of the food chain in liability situations reguarding the product. Not to mention some liability reguarding products that you had listed as being of poor quality from the manufacturers (now read importers).

Chip

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Rite Style Optical Lab (awesome customer service) for me anyway.
    Phantom (optisafe) tint company out of San Diego.....way awesome products and service.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We use Pech Optical while never even considering moving and Lindberg went from the worst business to deal with 10 years ago to as easy as pie! We just found a guy who repairs everything and puts notepads on frames for us. Spectex? sp- in CA is great and we used 3 times in a few weeks for things we didn't know we could get done.
    We order Maui Jim RX and it ships in 2-3 days! The work looks very good if you don't mind Shamir thickness, but it is the fastest to consumer.

This should be a full topic, not just a thread.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Opit Matrix in Huntsville Alabama and US Optical In New York Both Great labs to me with great Customer Service and even more awesome turn around times.
    Maui Jim and Silhouette always great customer service and timing.

As far as no VSP Bashing...... I wish I could promise that, LOL
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    ~ Mark Twain ~

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    East Coast Optical is Great! Never had a problem w/ them Always nice :-)

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    OPTIBOARDERS ----- you guys and gals have become like good friends even though I have never met ya! Thanks for being here and commenting. Its always good to see those names posted

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Java99's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Another vote for Maui Jim RX. Just dispensed one yesterday that I ordered the previous Friday.

A&A for frames is a great company to deal with. I cannot say enough good about them. Stuff sells, good quality for the price, customer service at the company and from the rep is awesome.

Banned
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    EPIC Optical in St. Cloud MN and Laramy-K Optical in Indianola IA.

Need Weco service in the midwest? Jay's Optical Service in Omaha. You can send him parts to rebuild (like quills and such) and he will repair/replace and get them back. He also does on-site repairs, installations and upgrades, and, I believe, sells rebuilt Weco edging equipment.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Now I See's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Smilie Thanks for this thread, Sledzinator!!

Microfiber technologies....excellent service on cleaning cloths...quick and offers options! (I think Fezz may have recommended them a long time ago)...been using them for at least 3 years.
    Nanofilm...sent a BOX FULL of samples (cleaners, defoggers, pre-moistened cloths, etc) to try before I bought...been using them since I opened the shop.
    John from JA Optronics...he talks me through lab repairs from time to time...if I need him to come help, he can be here in a jiffy!

PS..gotta ditto Optiboard, TX11!!!! I love O'Board...too many reasons to list...you'll just have to trust me on this one!
    Last edited by Now I See; 04-12-2012 at 09:06 AM. Reason: added on...

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by chip anderson View Post
    Once upon a time I had the idea of getting the three O's together to identify good and bad optical products. I was advised by one of my mentors (an OMD expert on legal questions) that if you did same you became part of the food chain in liability situations reguarding the product. Not to mention some liability reguarding products that you had listed as being of poor quality from the manufacturers (now read importers).

Chip
    Give a lawyer a chance Chip and they will have you suing your own brother & sister and be breaking up your marriage faster than any mother in law.

This thread has some positivity , let's keep it.

Thread Information