X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fezz View Post
    Anybody using this yet?

Feedback?

I have watched/read the info on Hoya's site. My first thought is that it may be viewed as sort of hookey from the patient's perspective. They may get the impression that if it can be done on an iPad.......why don't they do it themselves online?

Anybody?

I agree. While using an iTerminal or Optikam may impress someone, using a cell phone might make a client uncomfortable. It may create a case of future shock.

Comment

Is there a quarterly fee for using Spectangle? Or is it just a one time buy?

Comment

Originally posted by witty optician View Post
        Is there a quarterly fee for using Spectangle? Or is it just a one time buy?
        One time buy.

Comment

it does measuer pd & fitting height. You take four pics and you can get all measurements. PD, seg ht, wrap, panto, A, B, DBL, etc... if you are ordering the ID mystyle lens you can order it directly from the iPad and it links to the Lab. pretty cool!

Comment

spectangle

it does measuer pd & fitting height. You take four pics and you can get all measurements. PD, seg ht, wrap, panto, A, B, DBL, etc... if you are ordering the ID mystyle lens you can order it directly from the iPad and it links to the Lab. pretty cool!

The spectangle app is not compatible with the iPhone. that is a different app. I would not use the iPhone with a patient to gather this information. The spectangle app is $499 and can be used with the iPad mini, iPad 2, but mainly for the new iPad. There is also a rewards program through hoya to help offset the cost of the iPad and the app but you would need to get with your local hoya rep for more information.

It has been very successful and patients love the technology of the iPad versus the old "dotting of the eye"

another app that works perfectly with it is the HVC viewer app and i believe it's only $99. it's a point of view app where the patient can look out through the ipad camera and the optician can change the prescription on the fly along with the type of lens the patient is getting i.e. free form, polarized, computer, etc... so they can see what their new lens would look like! it's awesome! you can change from with and without anti- reflective, polarization, and many other things right there in your office on the fly!

Comment

Originally posted by lcgordon View Post

The spectangle app is not compatible with the iPhone. that is a different app. I would not use the iPhone with a patient to gather this information. The spectangle app is $499 and can be used with the iPad mini, iPad 2, but mainly for the new iPad. There is also a rewards program through hoya to help offset the cost of the iPad and the app but you would need to get with your local hoya rep for more information.

It has been very successful and patients love the technology of the iPad versus the old "dotting of the eye"

another app that works perfectly with it is the HVC viewer app and i believe it's only $99. it's a point of view app where the patient can look out through the ipad camera and the optician can change the prescription on the fly along with the type of lens the patient is getting i.e. free form, polarized, computer, etc... so they can see what their new lens would look like! it's awesome! you can change from with and without anti- reflective, polarization, and many other things right there in your office on the fly!
              ''HVC viewer app ''...........may you please give the link to find this app ?

Comment

Originally posted by manoj_verma View Post
                ''HVC viewer app ''...........may you please give the link to find this app ?
                go to the apple app store and search for HVC viewer app

Comment

It should be noted that Dr. Shaw has tested all the measuring devices and Apps and found their capabilities far behind that of a simple PD stick and pupilometer.

As well, no App meets HIPAA requirements yet. Apps are not secure, they share data and programming inherently across the device. What that means is that if that device goes missing, you have to file a notice with HIPAA and inform every patient in your practice by mail that their healthcare information has been compromised, unless you can PROVE that is has not. Now impossible because the device you need to prove it, is now gone. The fine for failing to report a HIPAA computer violation is $1 million.

It should be noted that the single largest cause of HIPAA violations is the loss of a portable device, like a tablet or iPad.

Comment

I would presume the reason the spectangle app is not available is because in the initial test there was too much variation in regards to parallax and head posture. The measurements were inaccurate when I tested it on myself at VEW last year. The Ipad app for the Optikam should be out early 2013 which will take the same accurate measurements as the Kiosk. I use the Optikam daily and can testify to its accuracy.
                    When I tested the spectangle, I could manipulate my head so I could make just about any PD and seg height I wanted it to be. The representative demonstrating did not know how to reply to the inconsistent measurements and then advised me that I might be better getting the Optikam. The last thing you, your patients and the lens manufacturers want is to get is redo’s from fitting errors. The reason the Optikam is accurate is because the system detects parallax so the monocular pupillary distance are accurate and consistent and captures your head posture so the seg heights are also consistent and accurate. Another reason I like the Optikam is that with only one picture It captures the PDS, seg Heights, Face form, Panto Angle and vertex distance.

Comment

Working...
                    X