Night driving lenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robert_S View Post
    Now, the width of the human cornea is roughly 1cm, so what happens if the eye turns 0.5cm?
    Width of cornea is about 12mm. Are you are asking what happens if the eye turns 50mm?

Comment

No, but thanks. Darryl has answered my questions. I did say 'roughly' by the way.

Comment

Actually the width of the average cornea is 13.2. The width of the visible iris appears to be near 12 mm but most are somewhat smaller (11/11.5mm) and gets some magnification from the anterior chamber/cornea. The average healthy cornea is about 1 mm.

Chip

Comment

I work at a optical store and we have our own eye doctor. Most our customers need polarized lenses for driving use at day time and they need yellow tint lenses without anti-reflective coating for driving at night. However, latest prescription is necessary for both day time use or night use driving glasses.
          Happy work at eyeglasses online store!http://www.*************.com

Comment

Welcome to Optiboard Big V!

Originally posted by Big V View Post
            ....Hope this helps!

Comment

Welcome to Optiboard 12345!

Here are two old threads that might be of some help:

Worth a look.

Originally posted by 12345 View Post
              Hi, what are the tinted lenses recommended for night driving? i always had the idea that yellow tinted lenses was the answer till i read this article from http://www.laramyk.com/resources/edu...iving-glasses/

FYI, i do not have any prescription for myself so any suggestions as to what i should get?

Comment

Welcome to Optiboard Alexa007!

Originally posted by alexa007 View Post
                The best types of night driving glasses are anti-reflective coating. Zircon and silicon are the elements that make up this type of film. This type of glasses is different from sunglasses which shield light, instead these glasses that are specially coated to provide more light. This is helpful in making your vision better in dark.

Comment

The yellow color on the lenses are to add light to the lenses. However, it is not simply the yellow tint, just the similar as the yellow tint.
                  Happy work at eyeglasses online store!http://www.*************.com

Comment

In Europe (France, specifically) several years ago I found night driving glasses available OTC - they were tinted a light yellow, and had AR on both surfaces, and a -.50D power. I bought a pair at about 20 Euros, and found that they did improve night vision.... however, you'll probably never see them in the US.
                    Lost and confused in an optical wonderland!

Comment

Assuming a person already wears glasses or contacts, according to the Ciba sales rep I was talking to recently, their Air Optix and Night and Day contact lenses have an increase in minus power near the periphery of the lenses due to their bi-aspheric design. So if a person does have a myopic shift with the increased pupil size at night this may help. I'm not sure if other contact lenses have this design.

Comment

Continuation of i.Scription/iZon debate here.

Comment

Working...
                        X