Thread: OptiBoard Is Top Ranking Optical Forum........................................

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper OptiBoard Is Top Ranking Optical Forum........................................

Alexa Traffic Rank 126,461, Rank in US 75,796, Reputation: Sites Linking In 527

OptiBoard.com is ranked #126,461 in the world according to the three-month Alexa traffic rankings. While approximately 29% of the site's visitors are in the US, where it is ranked #75,796, it is also popular in the Philippines, where it is ranked #16,699. This site has been online since 1997. Visitors to this site spend approximately four minutes per visit to the site and 51 seconds per pageview. Roughly 17% of visits to Optiboard.com are referred by search engines. Estimated percentage of global internet users who visit optiboard.com:

1 month 0.00123 +20%
    3 month 0.00126 +19%

These are very impressing figures in the land of websites, as OptiBoard has no close competitor in the field of professional optical forums and discussion boards. While OptiBoard is funded by its owner Steve Machol and a the sponsors as Younger Optics, Zeiss, Vision Systems.
    There are, Members 19,919 and Active Members 1,487.

When looking at an optical magazine with weekly news items like Jobsons "Vision Monday" which lives from paid advertising has a much lower alexa website ranking:

Statistics Summary for visionmonday.com

Alexa Traffic Rank 522,390, Rank in US 139,882, Reputation: Sites Linking In 279

Visionmonday.com is ranked #522,390 in the world according to the three-month Alexa traffic rankings. The site has a bounce rate of approximately 60% (i.e., 60% of visits consist of only one pageview). Visitors to it spend approximately 73 seconds on each pageview and a total of three minutes on the site during each visit. Visitors to it view an average of 2.0 unique pages per day. Visionmonday.com has been online for more than fifteen years.

(statistics valid and veryfied as of today March 31, 2012)
    Last edited by Chris Ryser; 03-31-2012 at 04:58 AM.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    There's other optical forums?

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Optiboard...there is no substitute. Congratulations, Steve-O.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by drk View Post
    Optiboard...there is no substitute. Congratulations, Steve-O.

Steve-O?

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper There's other optical forums?............................................

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post

There's other optical forums
    ???????????

Speed..................There are 11 live ones and the other 5 died over the last few years. 2 of them are commercial ones, open to consumers.

The page has been organized into sections of the optical industry from supplier sites to the forums, check it out. The rankings are also interesting.They are not all updated as it is very time consuming and I do the first 2 sections up to 1,000 every few days.

The forum section is at the bottom of my website listing of 895 sites at http://optochemicals.com/web_listing.htm , listed according to the ranking of each site. Just above the forums are the rankings of the on-line opticals which I am following closely because of real interest in their development.

If you have any important links send them to me and I will insert them. This will help to be the most complete list.

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

It's no accident.....

Optiboard has been built in large measure, by the members themselves. Steve has put in yoeman efforts in time and moneies expended. The members have helped wherever and whenever they could with the finances.Members have designed the forums they wanted and like magic, Steve produsces them. Optiboard has truly been a group effort so....while you are passing out Kudo's......give one to yourself.

PS I think I forgot to mention the important part the moderators play in keeping this a level playing field and a comfortable place to be.
    Everyone has a part.

PS If you are not now a sustaining member you can do so by subscribing to opitiboard in one of three levels. We appreciate the support we have been given, and I can promise you no one is getting rich on this site!
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Thread Information