Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just ordered my new Santinelli ME-1200!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just ordered my new Santinelli ME-1200!

We are very excited to replace our 7.5 year old machine with the new version. Who has one besides Barry? I want to start an offering to share patterns between us; I have over 8,000 jobs and 1,500 drill patterns in my system that will work. We can also get all of the Lindberg from the factory for example and I can work on other brands.

This is the start of an on-line platform that will allow anyone with the machine to search for a complicated Oakley that Barry already figured out or an amazing facet one of us creates. We are a small non-competeing group and should help each other.

Who own's an ME-1200 or want's to buy one and join the fun!

It is a cool toy and we will have lots of fun!

Craig

As I understand it, we ordered ours today too
    There are rules. Knowing those are easy. There are exceptions to the rules. Knowing those are easy. Knowing when to use them is slightly less easy. There are exceptions to the exceptions. Knowing those is a little more tricky, and know when to use those is even more so. Our industry is FULL of all of the above.

Comment

Originally posted by WFruit View Post
      As I understand it, we ordered ours today too
      You have Me-1000's now if I recall. Did you get the newer blocker-tracer? I am waiting till Expo west for the wrap tracer to be released.

You must have aton of patterns in your machines?

Comment

Have you tried trace points? $1500 for 75K patterns including drill points, I'm still waiting on the sample info CD.

Comment

I wish that we had one.......does that count?

Comment

I think, before we start sharing, that we need to first *certify* each other.
            then add in some politics, a dash of trolls, and we'll have another interesting optiboard thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Santini View Post
              I think, before we start sharing, that we need to first *certify* each other.
              then add in some politics, a dash of trolls, and we'll have another interesting optiboard thread.
              Sounds like we have the troll* covered! :)

Sorry, just trying to be interesting. Now, who wants to bring up some poli-tricks?

*Troll: In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)
              Wesley S. Scott, MBA, MIS, ABOM, NCLE-AC, LDO - SC & GA

“As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.” -Albert Einstein

Comment

That was meant to be ironic, right?
                Wesley S. Scott, MBA, MIS, ABOM, NCLE-AC, LDO - SC & GA

“As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.” -Albert Einstein

Comment

I dunno. I just can't get that excited about an edger. You guys gotta get a life....enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by fjpod View Post
                    I dunno. I just can't get that excited about an edger. You guys gotta get a life....enjoy.
                    And therein, and respectfully now, lies the essential difference between optometrist and optician. Medical gatekeeper for eyes vs. craftsman. A state of the art edger is the ultimate tool for a fully-rounded optician.

I see it thusly: My edger-my instrument-my Bang & Olufsen entertainment system-my car (BMW 128i conv). All are expressions of my appreciation for exquisite craftsmanship.

B

Comment

Originally posted by Wes View Post
                      Sounds like we have the troll* covered! :)

Sorry, just trying to be interesting. Now, who wants to bring up some poli-tricks?

*Troll: In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)
                      Oops...me be a troll.

Comment

Did you happen to check out the OPTEK SHAPE edger at VEE? Curious about any opinions.
                        90% of everything is crap...except for crap, because crap is 100% crap

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Santini View Post
                          And therein, and respectfully now, lies the essential difference between optometrist and optician. Medical gatekeeper for eyes vs. craftsman. A state of the art edger is the ultimate tool for a fully-rounded optician.

I see it thusly: My edger-my instrument-my Bang & Olufsen entertainment system-my car (BMW 128i conv). All are expressions of my appreciation for exquisite craftsmanship.

B
                          I don't even get that excited over my Heidelberg Retinal Tomographer. LOL. I do get excited over a good steak and a beer.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig View Post
                            We are very excited to replace our 7.5 year old machine with the new version. Who has one besides Barry? I want to start an offering to share patterns between us; I have over 8,000 jobs and 1,500 drill patterns in my system that will work. We can also get all of the Lindberg from the factory for example and I can work on other brands.

This is the start of an on-line platform that will allow anyone with the machine to search for a complicated Oakley that Barry already figured out or an amazing facet one of us creates. We are a small non-competeing group and should help each other.

Who own's an ME-1200 or want's to buy one and join the fun!

It is a cool toy and we will have lots of fun!

Craig

Hello Craig, can you confirm that the 1200 can do interchangable lenses for an Oakley type frame? Facets I understand, specific base bevels for lenses to accomadate power and option to do custom shapes for rimless I understand but at the show I was under the impression that the "angle feature" was a fixed amount and not according to the base of the lens being edged. If so couldn't this limit the lens fit in a frame (under some circumstances)? I ask because we are considering a MEI 641 because of the angle according to lens base feature. Also did you consider a 641 before ordering the 1200?

Comment

Originally posted by Plausible View Post
                              Hello Craig, can you confirm that the 1200 can do interchangable lenses for an Oakley type frame? Facets I understand, specific base bevels for lenses to accomadate power and option to do custom shapes for rimless I understand but at the show I was under the impression that the "angle feature" was a fixed amount and not according to the base of the lens being edged. If so couldn't this limit the lens fit in a frame (under some circumstances)? I ask because we are considering a MEI 641 because of the angle according to lens base feature. Also did you consider a 641 before ordering the 1200?
                              i did not look at the 641- How much is it? From what I understand, Barry can do anything with the machine; I am sure the 1200 can do 98% of all work and the rest can go to the MEI big boy with a programmer to do the bevels.

Comment

Working...
                              X