Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-11-02_13-51-47_108.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	8482
    Surprised?
    Front: 215/45/17
    Rear: 245/40/17
    As far as smoking goes, I have a few cigars that my gf gave me for xmas, and a couple that Fezz sent me when I became a grampa.
    Last edited by Wes; 03-23-2012 at 11:14 AM.
    Wesley S. Scott, MBA, MIS, ABOM, NCLE-AC, LDO - SC & GA

“As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.” -Albert Einstein

Occupation
    Optometrist
    See, you should never prejudge a patients ability to pay for fancy glaases or Wes's Tire size.

For some reason I was expecting Mickey Thompson Rubber.
    Last edited by RIMLESS; 03-23-2012 at 12:49 PM.
    90% of everything is crap...except for crap, because crap is 100% crap

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Java99's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I agree with what Cat, Wes and Craig said. To which I'll add: until there are formal standards I don't think there will be standard agreement.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Nice car. Now I know what I have to look forward to. Or I could just go on Medicaid and get a nicer car, from what I see.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by Java99 View Post
    I agree with what Cat, Wes and Craig said. To which I'll add: until there are formal standards I don't think there will be standard agreement.
    I think it's "possible." Optometry struggled the same way in it's infancy. But if you act like a bunch of lone wolves it's very difficult.
    It is more complex these days than when optometry began. OD's wanna play like MD's and opticians wanna play like OD's. And that's a hard nut to crack.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by RIMLESS View Post
    Riddle me this. Why is it that when I read threads in other forums such as OD wire... I never have to sift through people bragging about being better than the next guy? Optiboard almost seems like a locker room atmosphere rather than a forum for thoughts. Starting to think some opticians are suffering from some sort of persecution or Napoleon complex? Comments from the gallery:
    It is an interesting point.

I feel the same way about ODs.

I do concur that the minimum level of education has something to do with it. But imagine if the optician gets the minimum level and then pursues more experience via through a mentor program or a higher certification. There would be the equal amount of put downs as now. It would status quo.

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    For some reason I was expecting Mickey Thompson Rubber.
    South Carolina, likes Bourbon cigars and guns. Wonder why? Lol! Nope, I'm not a southerner; I'm a transplant. I'm not from around these parts.

“As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.” -Albert Einstein

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    From what I have seen all doctors think they are better then anyone else. If you are not a doctor then you are not on thier same level. Last week I went to my pain doctor and was making a comment of pt's and I said:" I know how you feel I work for a doctor too." He said really, where? I told him an OD, he smiled and acted liked ODs are not doctors. And that is not the 1st time I have gotten that response. Sad. We all put our underwear on the same way.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I think it's "possible." Optometry struggled the same way in it's infancy. But if you act like a bunch of lone wolves it's very difficult.
    It is more complex these days than when optometry began. OD's wanna play like MD's and opticians wanna play like OD's. And that's a hard nut to crack.
    I never understood why people do that -- if you want to be an OD, go to school, don't act like a jerk. I do wish it were easier to work as a group, or that our national groups were more...something. What floors me is that there are no local organizations even in many large cities, like Dallas-Fort Worth, where I am.

Occupation
    http://www.coat.tv/
    Much of our state opticianry leadership lacks formal credentials. Unfortunately this leads many to dismiss the need for fear of making themselves irrelevant.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by B101875 View Post
    From what I have seen all doctors think they are better then anyone else. If you are not a doctor then you are not on thier same level. Last week I went to my pain doctor and was making a comment of pt's and I said:" I know how you feel I work for a doctor too." He said really, where? I told him an OD, he smiled and acted liked ODs are not doctors. And that is not the 1st time I have gotten that response. Sad. We all put our underwear on the same way.
    there seems to he a hierarchy amongst MDs as well. my friend is a surgeon and he puts down general MDs all the time. it is worst if they are DOs. oh well, i am sure every profession has their hang ups.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes View Post
    http://www.coat.tv/
    Much of our state opticianry leadership lacks formal credentials. Unfortunately this leads many to dismiss the need for fear of making themselves irrelevant.
    COAT is over four hours away from me. It looks like all they do is CEs in Austin from the website. Maybe I'm wrong? I emailed and asked a few months ago if there were ever any events in DFW or anything here, and they said no.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Opticianry will advance a whole lot more quickly without the dilution and distraction of the "organizations" out there currently in place.

Start with burning the ABO to the ground.

Follow with several other national groups who do little/nothing for the profession - all the while lining their own pockets.

Then never again allow such crooked groups to take your money for no ROI to the investor opticians.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by Uilleann View Post
    Opticianry will advance a whole lot more quickly without the dilution and distraction of the "organizations" out there currently in place.

Follow with several other national groups who do little/nothing for the profession - all the while lining their own pockets.

Then never again allow such crooked groups to take your money for no ROI to the investor opticians.

I sometimes think that opticians really could benefit from a union of some sort. Is that taboo ?

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Blue Jumper GPS needed........................

This thread needs a GPS to get back on track

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post
    This thread needs a GPS to get back on track
    Perhaps we as a whole industry need to do the same!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    You rock Rimless!! You had the guts to say it & you said it well!

Another thing. Opinions are only opinions! I love it how so many say well THIS is the ONLY way to do something.....My way is right, when it's just the individuals opinion.

Occupation

Blue Jumper Opinions are only opinions!......................................

Quote Originally Posted by eyechick1969 View Post

You rock Rimless!! You had the guts to say it & you said it well!

Another thing. Opinions are only opinions! I love it how so many say well THIS is the ONLY way to do something.....My way is right, when it's just the individuals opinion.

Not bad...............................when you are able differentiate between opinions that are opinions,..............and opinions that are facts.
    If you cruise only a one way street you might not get to your destination.

Occupation
    Prisms bend light toward the base and displace the perceived image toward the apex. This is not an opinion, but I've seen it argued here as if it is, along with many other facts and industry standards.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Prisms bend light toward the base and displace the perceived image toward the apex. This is not an opinion, but I've seen it argued here as if it is, along with many other facts and industry standards.
    I agree with you and Chris too. Facts should always trump opinions period. But what's sad are the posts when opinion vs opinion progresses into almost a over zealous religious debate.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by Uilleann View Post

Thats a fact not an opinion. :)

Occupation
    Optometrist

Are you sure about that? I was told that they just bent the space time continuum.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Are you sure about that? I was told that they just bent the space time continuum.
    I like that. We should have a Tread were we talk about the SiFi shows and movies we like and love.

Occupation
    You can have one anytime you want on: http://www.optiboard.com/forums/foru...t-Conversation

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Another good point. Personally I have a great deal of respect for opticians. They are truly on the front lines of the 3 O's. Part Optical Guru, part retailer, part psychologist and always with a smile..for the most part.
    Opticians wear more hats than any other profession I have ever seen: Mechanic, Bartender, Scientist, Accountant, Negotiator, Scientist, Fashion-ista....
    It a enormoust task to make the Dr happy, the patient happy and the insurance company happy.

Thread Information