Thread: "That sales rep no longer work for us. We will not honor his promises."

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Angry "That sales rep no longer work for us. We will not honor his promises."

Just to vent my frustration.

How many times do you have this kind of experience? I'll add one more to the long list -- the not so perfect "P_____t Optics" lab. Or should I say, "VSP - P_____t Lab"

The day after this post, I got a phone call from them and offer me the same discount been promissed. Ya! Power of Optiboard.
    Last edited by a1vo; 03-27-2012 at 06:42 PM. Reason: follow up / mask out lab name
    Paul @ Silicon Valley California

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Don't know who thier lawyer is but you are liable for the things you employees do or promise while they are in your employ. Even if they have left it they were in your employ at the time you're liable.

Chip

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    The replacement should, if they want to salvage the business. I've been a rep and have honored past promises of my predescesors

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by a1vo View Post
    I'll add one more to the long list -- the not so perfect "Perfect Optics" lab. Or should I say, "VSP - Perfect Lab"
    Just started using them...only because I had to believe ANYONE would be better than that ridiculous VSP lab in Sacramento. I'm assuming you had similar experience since you are much closer to Sac than PO.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I don't know this, but I assume that most sales reps are contractors Who are peddling somebody else's product. Unless you got it in writing from your frame supplier, the supplier has no idea what the rep says..

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Rosene View Post
    The replacement should, if they want to salvage the business. I've been a rep and have honored past promises of my predescesors
    +1
    Help Optiboard $5.00 a month through Paypal

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    My favorite lab rep ever got my business by saying "We'll do anything reasonable you ask, and even the unreasonable on occasions. Needless to say she migrated 3 months later....I still miss that promise...

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    My VSP lab makes me laugh. All my jobs come in w/ the axis 5 degrees off in one or both eyes.

I had one job last week were the OD was off by 10. I sent it back and 2 weeks later I get the job back the OD is corrected but the the OS is off by 5 now.

I never had them do anything to the OS. But the Lab Rep is nice the Customer Service Reps are nice, and the pts always upgrade. Better than Davis.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Guys, it's soooooooooo easy to switch labs. And there are GREAT labs out there.
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    The day after this post, I got a phone call from them and offer me the same discount been promissed. Ya! Power of Optiboard.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Are you sure it Optiboard and not just that they heard the same story form other ECPs and decided to make it rite? Coulb be. The way some of these people are on here they might have call the lab to have reported you to get you in trouble. It sucks that it is that way.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Well, I got call from their "customer service manager". She mentioned about "some" post on Optiboard.
    Then, hours later, a credit memo with a polite cover page from account receivable faxed in.

comma, give them (the lab) the credit they deserved.

If there are really some people here reported me to get me in trouble, then it really sucks. May God bless their soul.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Java99's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by a1vo View Post
    Well, I got call from their "customer service manager". She mentioned about "some" post on Optiboard.
    Then, hours later, a credit memo with a polite cover page from account receivable faxed in.

comma, give them (the lab) the credit they deserved.

If there are really some people here reported me to get me in trouble, then it really sucks. May God bless their soul.

Good for the lab! It's nice to see that not only do they pay attention, but respond to their customers as well. So few businesses do that anymore.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Congrats and good for the lab. Hate me if you wish, but for all those that have taken shots at me for saying it, VSP is not as bad as you all make them out to be. Even their corporate labs. All labs have issues, even the non VSP labs we use. For every story bad about them, I can fill one in with a contract or private lab. Let's not go there. If you have a good one, then so be it, embrace that relationship. I have good ones with several. The difference for me is VSP is the only lab that's NEVER told me no, and will do anything to make my patient and my staff satisfied. I'm glad to see they ante'd up in this case. Anytime I have an issue with a lab, I just call them and engage in a conversation with the lab sale rep or customer service manager.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Thats Great Then!

Thread Information