Thread: Ophthalmic Staffing Overseas, YOUR views and suggestions.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Ophthalmic Staffing Overseas, YOUR views and suggestions.

Hello Optiboarders,
    Greetings from India. Allow me to introduce ourselves as India’s largest and premier ophthalmic staffing agency.

It has been a while now that it has been in us to explore newer markets, mainly UAE, UK, Europe and USA.
    Before I get on the main subject, kindly view my refreshed website www.spectajobs.com

We have been recruiting for the ophthalmic industry in India and have been filling in all roles related to ophthalmic. In the past we have informally recruited for independent opticians in the UAE, these recruitments were done on a personal note and without any charges. This was done free of charge as the candidates were our good friends. We were a small team then and wanted to focus on domestic recruitments and did not venture further.
    Now, we wish to add a second line to our recruitment business, overseas placement. We have gone ahead and formed a separate team for the same. Below, I am just going to think aloud on why we feel this is possible. Do pour in your suggestions and help us fine tune it and feel free to suggest any other plans that you might feel is better.

Database- We have been in the domestic recruitment line for a while now and have close to a thousands of CV of optoms, retail staff, lab techs, ophthalmic techs, ophthalmologist, sales teams for frame and lens distributors and all other roles with respect to ophthalmic. Some of the candidates have shown interest in exploring opportunities overseas and we wish to provide them the same.

Hiring team- Our hiring team carry a minimum experience of 10 years in the industry and consist of members from every section of the industry. We are the only teams who still have connections even at the grass root levels to source candidates who fail to come up in job search portals. The mentor carries an experience of over 30 years in the optical business and has a lot of contacts to network and reach all levels of candidature.

Visa and travel partner- We are in discussion with another recruitment firm who specializes in hiring for the UAE markets mainly retail and other business. He has shown interest to facilitate visa formalities and travel charges that are most often borne by the client. He would charge us a fee on a candidate basis.

Now, does it make business sense to recruit our own sales team in the markets that we wish to operate out of or should we just bank upon an individual or recruitment firm or any other source to try break new accounts? Forming a new sales team would be time consuming since we wish to function as early as possible. We have identified a target audience primarily the chain stores and the biggies in UAE, nevertheless it would make better sense to have a person directly represent us there. I am planning to visit UAE the next month and spend some time there to analyze before we venture out.

1. On the whole, where can we fine tune?
    2. Is there any source where I can find a database of opticians, starting with the UAE markets?
    3. Should we set up stall at the next optical fair in the markets that are of interest to us?
    4. Where can we find like minded people who would be willing to work as freelance consultants on our behalf to create new accounts?

5. What problems would we run into?

I understand these are novice questions, nevertheless I believe in giving attention to the smallest of detail to make most things work the best.

Hope to hear from the boarders.

Love and Light from India
    Benny John

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Raking it up.

Things have been looking up and we have managed to rope in many clients from the Middle East and also agents in these countries.

The company now wishes to explore newer markets like Europe and The US of A.

How easy/hard is it for a Indian certified Bachelor in Science Optometrist to relocate there. All suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Quote Originally Posted by beejay View Post

How easy/hard is it for a Indian certified Bachelor in Science Optometrist to relocate there. All suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Won't happen and if it does they will need to go back to school for a few years.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacqui View Post
    Won't happen and if it does they will need to go back to school for a few years.
    Thank you, some candidates are showing interest to enroll themselves in opticinary schools, hoping to find employment soon after.

I have sent you a message on another subject here.

Thread Information