Thread: At Last the atLast is no longer! Is Empower next? Does Pixel offer a working product?

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Confused At Last the atLast is no longer! Is Empower next? Does Pixel offer a working product?

Dear PixelOptics, Inc. Distributor:

It is with deep regret that PixelOptics informs you of the discontinuation of all atLast! Products supplied by PixelOptics, Inc. with immediate effect. Despite major initiatives to resolve the supply situation following the recent floods at the Thailand factory, it has become apparent that production cannot be brought back online in a timely manner so as to support current demand. The production of emPower!® lenses is not affected by the situation in Thailand, as they are produced in a different part of the world.

PixelOptics will re-purchase all existing semi-finished boxed inventory returned to its facility in Roanoke, Virginia USA in total recompense for distributers’ commitment towards atLast!.

This decision as you can imagine has not been taken lightly. The inability to provide product in a timely manner was the determining factor. Poor supply is not good for any of those affected in the supply chain, especially the end consumer.

PixelOptics appreciates your support of atLast!, and would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We feel it is better to deal with the situation as transparently and as quickly as possible to avoid future disappointment. It is our intention for you to inform your customers with immediate effect, to enable you to deal with the situation in a clear and concise manner.

Should you require further information contact Customer Service at info@pixeloptics.com or 1-877-725-3447

They say it is a lack of supply issue! How about the lack of a market for the product! They have shown me many cool products at the trade shows, but none ever make it to market.

They are not even able to produce the Empower at this point; it takes 10 blanks to get one that might work! I wish I could raise so much money with no products to sell!

Craig

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I wish I could raise so much money with no products to sell!

Craig
    You and me both :((

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Does anyone carry the Empower at this point? Are they still producing it?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Does anyone carry the Empower at this point? Are they still producing it?

There are some people TRYING to use it!

http://www.optiboard.com/forums/show...hlight=empower

Sounds like a big PIA to me!

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    US Optical is producing the emPower! successfully. I am their New England territory manager. Feel free to contact me if you have concerns.
    Money carefully refunded

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Metzger View Post
    US Optical is producing the emPower! successfully. I am their New England territory manager. Feel free to contact me if you have concerns.
    Are you sure? You need to get your facts straight before you put it out there! The lenses are not getting done as they are seperating and continuing to have major issues!!

This product has been delayed so many times and it still does not work as expected with any consistency!

Want to try on a goofy superfocus? I sell them and folks come back to buy more while bringing a referral with them and creating the most unique product we offfer and it flows thru the system.

Mine is on order in a new version that is way cool!

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    My aspex rep talked me into going to one of the pixel meetings and I liked the idea of the product. After a few meetings I decided to try it.

I have been working with patients long enough to remember the first progressive lenses. It was hard to get patients to adapt and even harder to explain the price difference over bifocals and trifocals. Now they accept this stuff no questions. May be you don't remember those days. Unfortunately I am old!

So far we have 8 empowers dispensed and we are happy. They came back to the office in less than 3 weeks and worked. Had to learn charging them on the first pair but we have it down now. There is a learning curve but not that tough. Dispensing takes a little extra time to explain the product to the patients but worth it. the Patients are happy with their overall vision and love the intermediate and distance. Unlike what I am reading here, they also like their reading as well. I worked with my pixel rep ( in my area they were wearing the product ) to help my opticians and doctors explain the product.

I remember getting my first touch phone after my flip phone. There was a curve for me but now I can't wait to get the next "newest" phone. Some people have the stomach for being first others don't.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for human stupidity!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Despite the issues I appreciate that Pixel is not following the pack and instead they are innovating... they are one of only a few 'blue ocean' optical companies.

Kudos to them trying... and prayers that they keep trying... until its perfect.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I just heard they let go of the sales staff a month or so ago? Are the producing work and do they still have reps?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Are you sure? You need to get your facts straight before you put it out there! The lenses are not getting done as they are seperating and continuing to have major issues!!

This product has been delayed so many times and it still does not work as expected with any consistency!

Want to try on a goofy superfocus? I sell them and folks come back to buy more while bringing a referral with them and creating the most unique product we offfer and it flows thru the system.

Mine is on order in a new version that is way cool!
    His facts are straight and true, I've been using US Optical sense August of 2011 and I get my emPower jobs done in the standard 10-12 business days in perfect working order.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    ~ Mark Twain ~

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Its tough for me to believe that anyone is having no issues with this product (empower) worst headache ever, my rep came by and we got credit for the full 33 pieces we had left. I was also told that almost half the accounts that opened this line...will be closing the line out over the next few months. This product has been typical of the company....over promised and undelivered. I mean we weren't even told about the thumbprint until after I had sold my first pair... that will be 1300 dollars sir, and oh yeah you will have a permament smudge on the lens.... UGGGHHHHH I believe I have bashed em enough on other posts. so I wont rant too much.

Bad address email on file ldyflsh's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    My Empower frames/display were packed up and picked up last week. No questions asked. We are receiving 60 frames of my choice, a 72 piece display and money back in American Express gift cards. Funny thing, the Empower rep was nowhere to be found...this was all done by the Aspex reps.

Thread Information