Ophthalmologist needs optician in Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ophthalmologist needs optician in Florida

26 year old solo ophthalmology practice with many loyal patients have no where to turn for their eyeglass needs. This will turn out to be a very profitable opportunity for a mature ethical experienced ambitious optician who is able to multitask. We live in rural Central Florida with outstanding recreational opportunities. Email resume to donnaonlakejune@gmail.com

Is a Florida license necessary?

Comment

What kind of optician would go to work for someone who can't even spell ophthalmologist?

Comment

Originally posted by chip anderson View Post
        What kind of optician would go to work for someone who can't even spell ophthalmologist?
        Me. I know YOU have heard of typos.

Comment

licensure issue

Originally posted by obxeyeguy View Post
          Is a Florida license necessary?
          does it matter? I am on premises. Why don't you have a license?

Comment

Me. I know YOU have heard of typos.
            Thank you for being supportive. I hurriedly posted this ad in between patients as they are crying that the only independent optician in town is retiring and they are all telling me I need an optical shop.

Comment

Originally posted by chip anderson View Post
              sorry for the typo.........If you are so precise and have never made a mistake, then you are the type of person I would like to hire!

Comment

I'll just bet that if you were to let it be known that you were an OMD who was unhappy that the only independent was closing and you would send work to one. You wouldn't need an optical shop. 3 would open across the street. An OMD who lets Rx's get out of his office is a rare find indeed.

Chip

Sorry I picked on you about the Typo, but if you are looking for a man that makes no mistakes you are about 1979 years too late.

Comment

Originally posted by gjpearce View Post
                  does it matter? I am on premises. Why don't you have a license?
                  Not really sure about Florida law on that. I am licensed in NC and NY, just not Florida. I have spent the last 15 years running opticals for Md's, the last 10 three locations for one OMD, two OD's here at the beach in NC. I am interested in a warmer climate, and like to check out my options.

Comment

Where are you located? I can have a top notch optical open by this weekend!
                    Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Comment

Send me a resume to my office manager at donnaonlakejune@gmail.com

Comment

I am in Lake Placid, Florida. The optical department needs to be started from scratch- I own the building and there is plenty of room. What kind of arrangement would you be interested in?
                        Please email to office manager at donnaonlakejune@gmail.com
                        Thank you

Comment

If you are licensed in NY and NC, getting your Fl license should be a breeze. You must be current with ABO and NCLE though.

Not really sure about Florida law on that. I am licensed in NC and NY, just not Florida. I have spent the last 15 years running opticals for Md's, the last 10 three locations for one OMD, two OD's here at the beach in NC. I am interested in a warmer climate, and like to check out my options.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc View Post
                            If you are licensed in NY and NC, getting your Fl license should be a breeze. You must be current with ABO and NCLE though.
                            Last date on my ABO was 1975, NCLE didn't exist then to my knowledge.

Comment

Too bad you're not closer to North Central Florida, sounds ideal for me. Good luck with your shop. It can be fun!
                              ~Follow Your Bliss~

Comment

Working...
                              X