What is the name for these glasses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the name for these glasses?

Please help, how do we call this kind of rimless eyeglasses, mainly for those high RX power up to -8.00, still looks very sexy and beautiful. The higher the RX power is, the sexier the glasses look.

The lens edge is cut, thus making the edge look thinner, studding the part of the lens edge with very tiny crystal (looks like diamond).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Diamond glasses.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	874067

Just send them to Billy Brock. He da MAN!
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Comment

I think you are looking for the term facet (faceting, faceted, etc), where the edge is cropped thinner. Am I right?
      It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Yes, Striderswife, thanks. any commercial name or trading name for this type of rimless eyeglasses? Custom Jeweled? But this name does not express the fact that the edge being cropped thinner to allow very high RX lenses to look very beautiful still.
        Originally posted by Striderswife View Post
        I think you are looking for the term facet (faceting, faceted, etc), where the edge is cropped thinner. Am I right?

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick888 View Post
          Please help, how do we call this kind of rimless eyeglasses, mainly for those high RX power up to -8.00, still looks very sexy and beautiful. The higher the RX power is, the sexier the glasses look.

The lens edge is cut, thus making the edge look thinner, studding the part of the lens edge with very tiny crystal (looks like diamond).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8329[/ATTACH]
          That is certianly not a -8.00. The reason they eventually failed was they were so large that the resulting increased thickness (due to size) was greater than the thickness reduction obtained by the faceting.
          Last edited by Speed; 02-10-2012, 04:26 PM.

Comment

I think it is called:

Online Optical Sales Shenanigans

Comment

Originally posted by Fezz View Post
              I think it is called:

Online Optical Sales Shenanigans
              You may choose to close your mouth, instead of giving me this GOOD name. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick888 View Post
                You may choose to close your mouth, instead of giving me this GOOD name. Thanks.

I MAY choose to, but I won't!!!!

:poop::poop:

Comment

Been there done that on the facets 20 years ago. There is probably an opportunity to do business with facets today especially with the newer lens materials available. As for the pair in the picture, no way they are anything near a a -8 or even -5 for that matter.

Comment

Ok, Keep OPENING your mouth then. NO ONE CAN ever stop UUUU!

Comment

Why on earth would any of us help an online retailer??? Maybe they can help you over at FramesDirect or glasses.com.

Comment

I'm glad Fezz.

I like it when you open your mouth and say stuff! It really adds a bit of class to the threads!
                        (Ok, maybe not the little piles of "doo", but the stuff you say is spot on!)
                        Last edited by Johns; 02-12-2012, 07:10 PM.
                        Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Comment

Originally posted by DragonLensmanWV View Post
                          Just send them to Billy Brock. He da MAN!
                          I agree, send to Billy. I've done work like this and enjoy doing it, but Billy is better.

Comment

Originally posted by CuriousCat View Post
                            Why on earth would any of us help an online retailer??? Maybe they can help you over at FramesDirect or glasses.com.
                            Too narrow-minded, for sure. Do you think you are the only source for these info? Kind people are always everywhere. How can people like you have the ability to revive US economy?

Comment

Those who know me, know that I am kind, just not to those who would reduce my chosen profession to an online, do-it-yourself craft project.

The family-owned company I work for employs 200+ highly skilled professionals in the US, so yes, we have the ability and continue to revive the US economy.

Comment

Working...
                              X