Thread: Need alternate service source for Talia RTA 4.2

OptiBoard Professional jrumbaug's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Need alternate service source for Talia RTA 4.2

I have an older Talia RTA 4.2 that needs a software reactivation password. Marco is unable to help and emails to hermanco.com are unanswered. Is there someone I can turn to that knows technical details of this older Talia RTA 4.2 ??

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Were you reinstalling the software? I've heard of serious issues when a hard drive crashes and trying to reinstall. I have the update discs to update to the 4.5 if interested. I also have the anatomy imager, a working Dell CPU, remote viewer and the nonmyd black plastic adapter that I'd like to liquidate. My head has calibration issues.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    @dangshin

Thanks, I may need your "assistance". At this time, I am hoping there is a "rogue" technician that can help. I just really believe that there is a trained unemployed Talia technician somewhere that has the ability to answer my questions.

Our RTA is at Marco for repair. We have been told no parts are available. I recieved another RTA via a used equipment trade. This second unit has/had a hard drive crash, like you mentioned above. I am trying to reserect the hard drive/computer to test the head. I am working through various computer nerd tricks to restore the original software without a new installation and new password. It is still a work in progress and I am looking for options. For example, there is a CD with a Norton Ghost image of the original hard drive. I still have not tried to restore from the Ghost image.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Hope you get it up and running, Jim. I have faith in your computer skills. I don't use Ghost, but I do use Acronis True Image and it has worked very well for upgrading our computers with our legal installations of Acuity Pro.
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    What parts do you need? I have a fully working computer, but I'm running 4.5. The hardware is basically the same but 4.5 is a major software upgrade that gives you the non-myd fundus camera, etc. I also have the anatomy imager. My unit is functional but way out of calibration. They thought it needed a new laser, but that didn't help. They said they cleaned the mirrors and lenses, but upon my inspection it appeared they had not. That would have affected calibration. When they put the old laser back in, they didn't bother to try calibration at that point. They said they had too many hours into it. The problem is that Marco's techs don't have extensive training in the 4.5, just the 5.0. The 5.0 has far fewer parts and is easier to work on. I wound up buying a 5.0. Daniel @ Hermanco has extensive knowledge of the 4.5, but it takes awhile to get replies from him, since he is a world away. Couldn't you take a hard drive out of the one sitting at Marco and clone it?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    @dangshin

I am going through this slow. May I say painfully slow.

1)Yes, I may be able to use the "old computer", but maybey not. There was a change in the video capture card.
    2)I did a clean install on a clean hard dik that came with a "replacement" computer we purchased. ( a refurbished Dell Optiplex GX270, same as the defunct computer, it was more than just a hard drive crash) To my surprise, it did not ask for a password. Now it does not have the correct drivers for the video capture card and camera.
    3)I did have a semi working go via the recovered crashed disk (long story). The video card was working via that hard disk, but there were/are other issues. I may revisit that avenue.
    4) my email to Daniel, sent 1-19-2012, has been unanswered. If you tell me that slow response is typical, I will wait, though I do get impatient

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Don't know if it will help but taped inside my desktop was a Talia disk with ghost files on it. I also have a Talia disk labeled software version 4.20 SP2 and System INI files which I think may be calibration files. In one of my 4.5 books I have a challenge string which has to be some sort of password. I have a disk from Talia hand labeled RTA 4.2 SP@ 410. I think it's an upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2, but just a guess. I also have the 4.5 system software. I also wouldn't mind selling all my RTA stuff if interested.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

contact daniel at: daniel@hermanco.com

Quote Originally Posted by jrumbaug View Post
    I have an older Talia RTA 4.2 that needs a software reactivation password. Marco is unable to help and emails to hermanco.com are unanswered. Is there someone I can turn to that knows technical details of this older Talia RTA 4.2 ??
    Hi, I can probably provide a code for the old RTA. contact me at daniel@hermanco.com (if that doesn't work as you've indicated, try herm.daniel@gmail.com). Daniel

Thread Information