help solving this trouble-shoot! FT-28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J.P. View Post
    The only things that I can think of with the problems that you are mentioning are:

Base Curve,
    Pantoscopic Tilt,
    Face Forum Wrap,
    OC,
    And Lens Center Thickness.

And if you or your lab does not have a Wave Form Analyzer, hold them up to your computer screen and put on a pair of polarized sunglasses and see if there is any major stress on the lens that may be causing his disturbed vision.

And if all else fails, then I'd offer to add a great anti glare on his lenses

Can you elaborate as to why you suggested lens center thickness might be an issue?
    Wesley S. Scott, MBA, MIS, ABOM, NCLE-AC, LDO - SC & GA

“As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.” -Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Wes View Post
      Can you elaborate as to why you suggested lens center thickness might be an issue?

Lens Center thickness could cause added chromatic abortions, induce prismatic effects, and even additional "Fish Bowl" effects that the patient was not use to with the original pair of lenses. Yes it may be the exact RX in the lenses, but if he is sensitive enough it would cause him to feel as if things were not the same. Maybe even with a FT BF, is the lens if thicker, the prismatic effects caused by the ledge of the BF might cause his brain to perceive things differently.

I have had several cases like this one with Plus and High Minus patients in SV, BF and PAL's who could not adapt to the same lenses, similar to exact RX with having an additional 1mm in thickness of the center cut. I could tell you why their brain does it, but I don't have government backing to try and figure out why, lol. All I know is, this is no the first time I have had this exact same case with many different people and it come to be one of if not a combination of the things that I had mentioned.
      Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
      ~ Mark Twain ~

Comment

Thanks. I'm not sure if you're a member of the pros forum, but there's a thread going on over there we've been discussing where c.t. is also suggested as the likely issue.;)
        Wesley S. Scott, MBA, MIS, ABOM, NCLE-AC, LDO - SC & GA

“As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.” -Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Wes View Post
          Thanks. I'm not sure if you're a member of the pros forum, but there's a thread going on over there we've been discussing where c.t. is also suggested as the likely issue.;)
          Wes, I am not, but I will take a trip on over and see if I can shead my thoughts into it.

Thanks
          J.P.
          Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
          ~ Mark Twain ~

Comment

Another option is that there was a mistake or failure in the AR process and something got missed. If its an AR that uses cancellation to limit reflection, both sides have to match. If somehow the procedure created variations from to back, reflections are likely.

Comment

Working...
            X