Thread: GT2 3D vs Reveal Freeform VI

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist

GT2 3D vs Reveal Freeform VI

What is the difference in the lens design between the GT2 3D and the Reveal Free Form VI. I know the reveal is a free form design and the GT2 3D is not however how do they differ in the lens design?

Master OptiBoarder
    Somewhere over the Colorful Spectrum of Light
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Zeiss Platform vs. Sola Platform. All from the same place but different divisions. The Free Form VI would be a little closer to the 3DV as it is a variable corridor. Think Sola HDV vs. Zeiss 3DV.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by mpuzio34 View Post
    I know the reveal is a free form design and the GT2 3D is not...
    Actually, the GT2 3D is a freeform lens.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

what the rep says

I asked the same same question of my rep, who responded that the Reveal is designed with a wider intermediate, the GT2 3D wider distance (harder design??).

The Reveal FF is corridor adjusted to the b measurement of the frame, where the GT2 3D gives you a choice of short 14 or long 17 fitting height.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Ophthalmologist
    Quote Originally Posted by snotbagel View Post
    I asked the same same question of my rep, who responded that the Reveal is designed with a wider intermediate, the GT2 3D wider distance (harder design??).

The Reveal FF is corridor adjusted to the b measurement of the frame, where the GT2 3D gives you a choice of short 14 or long 17 fitting height.

I studied the GT2 3D and realized that it is an evolution of the GT2. It therefore maintains the database of Zeiss.
    In Brazil there isn´t Reveal, but when a PAL is offered with two minimum heights possible does not mean it is superior to another. One should be careful with these Free Form a minimum height of 14 mm since add 2.00 they also have high levels of induced astigmatism, are adapted to fit the frame

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    The GT2-3D is a full backside Free-form lens. The differences between the two are the pattern. The GT2-3D is a V shaped drop with great distance, good intermediate but with narrow reading. The Reveal is T design, wide distance, narrow intermediate, but OK reading.

It depends on what your patient needs, but the GT-3D is great for cel phone or laptop users, the intermediate is wide but very low. Not so good for PC's or heavy readers.
    Do not drop your dot on the GT2-3D, its fatal for that lens. All Zeiss lenses should be dotted on the pupil center.

OptiBoard Novice OptiBoard Bronze Supporter
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    When I tried the Reveal it had a nice big intermediate bubble but a narrowing in the distance. It was uncomfortable so I gave it up despite being a fan of big intermediates like the old Pentax AF lens. Havent tried the Zeiss yet.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick777 View Post
    The GT2-3D is a full backside Free-form lens. The differences between the two are the pattern. The GT2-3D is a V shaped drop with great distance, good intermediate but with narrow reading. The Reveal is T design, wide distance, narrow intermediate, but OK reading.

It depends on what your patient needs, but the GT-3D is great for cel phone or laptop users, the intermediate is wide but very low. Not so good for PC's or heavy readers.
    Do not drop your dot on the GT2-3D, its fatal for that lens. All Zeiss lenses should be dotted on the pupil center.

Thread Information