Thread: The Invisible Forum On OptiBoard.......................................

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Blue Jumper The Invisible Forum On OptiBoard.......................................

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Machol
    Copy of Post from 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Machol

Forum : EyecareProfessionals Only

For many years members have requested a special forum that Eyecare Professionals can discuss confidential information, including wholesale prices and other business costs, without making this information available to those outside the field. This forum is that place.

Note: This is not intended for price-fixing or collusion. It's merely a way to share basic information about the cost of providing services and products to patients and consumers along with other topics only of interest to other Eyecareprofessionals.

In addition to this forum not being open to consumers, this is also available only to members that have purchased one of the OptiBoard subscription options. So if you are reading this - thank you for your support! :)

With business not as good, as a few years, ago many new questions arise about pricing and or organizational matters for which solutions have to be found, or have been solved by one or the other.

One New Years resolution for OptiBoard members should be to join the hidden Forum right here on OptiBoard. You do not see the listing if you are not a member, only members with a paid subscription have access.. It actually is an ideal place to discuss lens wholesale pricing, or how to get frames from factory at their own prices and all the other items you just wonder about, but can not mention it in the General Forum.

It is really worth it to ask and get answers from other members that could be in the knowhow. A fee is charged that is affordable. However if you are an employee you could always ask your employer to pay for this special occasion because he might also benefit as well. The copied message by Steve posted in 2007, above is self explanatory. See you on EyecareProfessionals Only

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Thanks for posting. Can't find area in board that allows one to sign up?

Occupation

Can't find area in board that allows one to sign up?.....................

Quote Originally Posted by AustinEyewear View Post

Thanks for posting. Can't find area in board that allows one to sign up?

Try http://www.optiboard.com/forums/payments.php

Hope that helps

Occupation

Blue Jumper Replies 2.......................Views 237

Replies: 2
    Views: 237

Interesting result over a 2 day period. Just wonder if the 237 were OptiBoard members or non members. Hope that more members will look it over.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Chris,

An engulfing apathy permeates this industry. It is evident in what you posted above, it is evident in the amount of regular contributers to the board, and it is evident in the laggards that just don't give a damn!

Shame really, but typical!

Occupation
    Fezz.......................

How right you are.

Apathy might just be the right word. OptiBoard lets you discuss non public matters in a closed chamber and that can only lead to a benefit of some sort.

I follow very closely the development of the competition of the on-line opticals, some of whom even participate on this board. If they do sell their glasses in the millions, they must affect just about everybody on this and other continents, but the apathy in this profession is clearly visible.

However is is holiday time and the OptiBoard is unsually slow these day's and as most members use it during non busy times in the office I will keep this thread from an early death and just keep it going into next month.

I do most posting from home and just take a few minutes here and there during office hours. Temperature here at 7am in Naples has now dropped to 38F for the first time in 2 month.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    An engulfing apathy permeates this industry.
    +1
    Johnses "Whose more pathetic, the buyers or the sellers?" thread picked my curiousity and i renewed my subscription .

(after the gift season is over i'm upgrading to gold )

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Fezz View Post
    Chris,

An engulfing apathy permeates this industry. It is evident in what you posted above, it is evident in the amount of regular contributers to the board, and it is evident in the laggards that just don't give a damn!

Shame really, but typical!
    Apathy, apathy... Hmm. Where have I heard that word before? Oh yeah, at the bottom of my signature line.
    Wesley S. Scott, MBA, MIS, ABOM, NCLE-AC, LDO - SC & GA

“As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.” -Albert Einstein

Occupation

Blue Jumper Sign up...............................

OptiBoard Bronze Level

This premium subscription allows members to post ads in the Optical Marketplace forum and allows access to the Eyecare Professionals Only forum. This does not hide Google Ads for those that still want to see these. Please note that this is not intended to provide cheap advertising for companies and should not be used for that purpose. Note: This is an automatically recurring subscription. You can cancel it by following these instructions.

OptiBoard Silver Level

This premium subscription allows members to post ads in the Optical Marketplace forum and allows access to the Eyecare Professionals Only forum. This subsciption does hide Google Ads for those that do not want to see these. Please note that this is not intended to provide cheap advertising for companies and should not be used for that purpose.Note: This is an automatically recurring subscription. You can cancel it by following these instructions.

OptiBoard Gold Level

This premium subscription allows members to post ads in the Optical Marketplace forum and allows access to the Eyecare Professionals Only forum. It also allows members to have their own Blog and picture albums. This subscription does hide Google Ads for those that do not want to see these. Please note that this is not intended to provide cheap advertising for companies and should not be used for that purpose.Note: This is an automatically recurring subscription. You can cancel it by following these instructions.

Join at: http://www.optiboard.com/forums/payments.php

Occupation
    This is just to bring this post back to the top ..........and maybe convince some of you to also join in and help support OptiBoard

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I am gong to change the payment options in my store. I plan this year to remove the Visa and Mastercard options as well as the cash and check options. I am only going to accept PayPal and I was thinking of making it a roll-over thing where once a year I charge their accout a small renewal fee for service and adjustments. Has anyone done this before ? What do you think ? ALthough I am in Canada I was also thinking that due to the world situation I should request all payments ineither Swiss Francs or US funds , just not sure which will be the safer currency , any thoughts on how this will be accepted ?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by idispense View Post
    I am gong to change the payment options in my store. I plan this year to remove the Visa and Mastercard options as well as the cash and check options. I am only going to accept PayPal and I was thinking of making it a roll-over thing where once a year I charge their accout a small renewal fee for service and adjustments. Has anyone done this before ? What do you think ? ALthough I am in Canada I was also thinking that due to the world situation I should request all payments ineither Swiss Francs or US funds , just not sure which will be the safer currency , any thoughts on how this will be accepted ?

bump

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Did anyone think the above post was ridiculous ? Did anyone think that only accepting PayPal would not be very convenient for the customers ? Did anyone think that only accepting Swiss francs or only accepting US dollars would be an issue for Canadian customers ? Did anyone think that customers might not accept the idea of the yearly automatic charge for service ?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Did the above post sound familiar ?

It's the Invisible Forum payment plan .

You see I do not have or even want a PayPal account. I do want to support the Invisible Forum and join but I have not got time to run down to the bank to get a US money order and I would have to search to find Steve's address to mail him a cheque . I have been a member in the past and it was definitely worthwhile, but everytime I am ready to reorder there are these inconvenient roadblocks.

Occupation

Redhot Jumper I have been a member in the past ........................................

Quote Originally Posted by idispense View Post

Did the above post sound familiar ?
    It's the Invisible Forum payment plan .

You see I do not have or even want a PayPal account.I do want to support the Invisible Forum and join but I have not got time to run down to the bank to get a US money order and I would have to search to find Steve's address to mail him a cheque . I have been a member in the past and it was definitely worthwhile, but everytime I am ready to reorder there are these inconvenient roadblocks.

idispense.......................What is highlited is what I am doing every year sometimes in February, I send him a cheque covering the year. As I have a US Business account it is no problem.

By spending the winter in Florida I also have a bank account here and deposit simple Candian $ cheques and a week later headoffice sends me charge for the exchange, whatever it is.

So I hope I removed the roadblocks.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Well i have payed with a Visa and MasterCard through PayPal with zero problems.
    The cards are not in US dollars either, the conversion is done automatically.

And i have managed to do it from Bulgaria ... you have it easy being in Canada.

PS: If you are so inclined, you could ask Steve and help setup additional payment processor connections and options.

AFAIK you can pay for a year and cancel your subscription if you don't want the payment to automatically recur.

Occupation
    Good Boy Nikolay......................you found a perfect solution. Hope you enjoy it. Credit cards do work world wide.

Occupation
    This is to boot it back to the top................post was going to slide into invisibilty and the past, its not the time yet

Occupation
    Just bring it back to the top

Thread Information