Essilor of America, Inc. (Essilor), is the leading manufacturer and wholesaler of prescription lenses in the United States. Through its subsidiary, Essilor Laboratories of America, Inc., (Essilor Laboratories), Essilor owns the largest and most comprehensive optical laboratory network in the United States. Learn more about EOA at http://www.essilorusa.com
Essilor of America, Inc. (Essilor) is a subsidiary of Paris-based Essilor International, S.A., a publicly held company traded on the Euronext Paris stock exchange (Reuters: ESSI.PA).
Research, product innovation and service to the eye-care professional distinguish Essilor from its competitors and characterizes Essilor as the world leader in ophthalmic optics. Essilor is committed to the research and development of innovative products, and the company continues to set new standards within the industry. Essilor International was recently ranked 25th on Forbes magazine’s list of “The World’s Most Innovative Companies.”
In 2008, Essilor announced the creation of the Essilor Vision Foundation, a public, non-profit foundation based in Dallas, Texas. The Foundation strives to help people achieve better lives through better sight by creating and supporting activities that advance good vision and its benefits and offering special help to those who need it most. Essilor International is the Official Worldwide Supplier of Ophthalmic Lenses to Special Olympics-Lions Club International Opening Eyes Program. Essilor is the creator and founding member of the Think About Your Eyes public awareness initiative. Think About Your Eyes focuses on educating consumers about the importance of vision health and yearly comprehensive eye exams.
We currently have a Purchasing Agent career opportunity with Optisource International in Bellport, NY.
• Purchases materials, equipment, supplies and services in accordance with prescribed procedures
• Creates purchase orders to optimize delivery, pricing, and inventory levels
• Communicates with vendors to negotiate improved pricing, product quality, and delivery
• Receives inventory and invoices from vendors, audits quantity and pricing
• Reviews inventory levels to ensure that top products are never out of stock
• Minimizes shipping expenses for domestic and international shipments
• Ensures that all products are properly barcoded
• Participates in research and selection of vendors for new product development
• Responsible for proper data quality of all products in accounting system
• Liaise with sales staff for special order items and inventory verification
• Professional demeanor, responsible and reliable
• Resourceful and creative
• Inventory planning, min/max administration, cycle counts, manage physical inventory counts
• Production planning of company’s manufactured goods
• Inventory of raw materials, and all non-saleable items
• Liaise with warehouse staff for production, packaging, special orders
• Always willing to take on new challenges and opportunities
• Associates degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Minimum two years of purchasing experience
• Prior experience with purchasing module in MAS 90/200/500
• Inventory optimization
• Intermediate MS Office skills required (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Must be able to type accurately and efficiently
• Phone etiquette
• $21.50 - $24.50 per hour
• Monday-Thursday 9AM-6PM Friday 9AM-5PM, Additional hours as required
If you are interested in applying for this position please proceed through the link below or visit our website at: www.essilorusa.com
As the worldwide leader in the ophthalmic industry, we are dedicated to growing our business and enhancing our customers’ quality of life.