Thread: PECAA Membership

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

PECAA Membership

Hoya came in the other day and recommended we join PECAA so we could get a bigger discount on their services. So I wondered it anyone already belongs to PECAA and how it is working for you? Is it worth the monthly fee and how is their service. Thanks for your help.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    I have not seen the details on what PECAA charges, but I don't think any buying group where you pay any percentage of your entire practices revenue (when 40% of revenue is now medical) to receive a discount is smart. In most cases, the discounts are the same as what you could negotiate on your own.

Also, with groups like this there are a few lenses with bigger discounts and you often end up putting medicocre lenses on your patients. Short term profits could cost you long term referals in the end. Always put your patients first and you will profit and grow. Put the sale first and you may get the sale, but lose the customer... and their friends.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Pecaa?

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick777 View Post
    with groups like this there are a few lenses with bigger discounts and you often end up putting medicocre lenses on your patients.
    Perhaps in the past but with PECAA this year things will be different. I'll let you connect the dots as time goes on. I have no doubt you'll chime in once you know the details.

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousCat View Post
    Pecaa?
    Buying group in the Northwest.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    PECCA is not a true buying group, they provide great discounts from a LIMITED number of vendors. So if you use, or willing to use products from PECAA vendors they can provide great pricing.

PECCA really shines from a marketing standpoint. They provide web hosting and can set you up with a great video enhanced website. Anyone can do a website, but PECAA sites appear higher on the list when patients search for an office and they provide video and more INTERESTING, interactive content than the typical vision care website.

So PECAA isn't free, and the web hosting costs an extra $50.00 over their monthly membership fee. If you want to market your practice and increase your odds of being noticed by prospective patients - PECAA might be worth taking a look at.

Thread Information