Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Davis Vision

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We reinstituted Davis Vision here(yes, I was kicking and screaming-hated it years ago) but...other than not making any money(or ver-r-ry little), I have not had one job reject to date and I go over each and every one of theirs with a fine tooth comb. Of course, now that I have said that.....
    Also discovered recently that if I fax the form into the lab rather than diddling around for-e-v-e-r with their website, I'm getting my jobs back quicker(not that I care). On a happier note, finally got the "boss" to dump Specterrible when it comes up for renewal next month. BIG :)

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    specterrrible lol They are... THE WORST!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Davis isn't far behind there....

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    got that right!

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I could ask why anyone accepts any insurance as no one seems to be happy with them or making any money off them?
    However I can't tell you how many patients I have lost, and how many come back with contact lenses and glasses to be serviced on patients that used to be ours with a story about: "My insurance company made me get them there."
    Of course most insurance companies don't offer "preferred provider" status to independents even if we wanted them.

This is a problem that needs a solution, but I don't have one.
    Chip

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    HOW ABOUT THIS BS!!!

Davis Vision customer came in yesterday, talked about a Hoya 1.7 NuLux Super Hi-Vision A/R SV lens.. Naturally he wanted the best lens, Davis will not cover, being a good guy offered a generous discount on the lens, frame will be covered through Davis. He left a small deposit and left. He just called me saying that he called up Davis Vision, complaining that they wont cover this hi-index lens and it is very expensive. The customer service rep on the phone referred him to an online website where he can send his frames in and get the same lens for a fraction of the cost. So now he trying to have me match the price of this online site that sells the lens for a profit that we cannot match. He cancelled the order and is buying online.

SO NOW THE INSURANCE COMPANY WHOM I OFFFERED TO CARRY IS SENDING MY PATIENTS TO THE INTERNET TO GET CHEAP LENSES THAT THEY DONT COVER.

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS!!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyEyes View Post
    HOW ABOUT THIS BS!!!

Davis Vision customer came in yesterday, talked about a Hoya 1.7 NuLux Super Hi-Vision A/R SV lens.. Naturally he wanted the best lens, Davis will not cover, being a good guy offered a generous discount on the lens, frame will be covered through Davis. He left a small deposit and left. He just called me saying that he called up Davis Vision, complaining that they wont cover this hi-index lens and it is very expensive. The customer service rep on the phone referred him to an online website where he can send his frames in and get the same lens for a fraction of the cost. So now he trying to have me match the price of this online site that sells the lens for a profit that we cannot match. He cancelled the order and is buying online.

SO NOW THE INSURANCE COMPANY WHOM I OFFFERED TO CARRY IS SENDING MY PATIENTS TO THE INTERNET TO GET CHEAP LENSES THAT THEY DONT COVER.

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS!!
    Who's the sucker here?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by David_Garza View Post
    Who's the sucker here?

I believe that would be me

Davis Vision - 1
    Phillyeyes - 0

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    OMG!!!!!!! Unbelievable!!!!

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyEyes View Post
    HOW ABOUT THIS BS!!!

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS!!
    WOW. Time to reconsider the nature of that relationship.
    Wesley S. Scott, MBA, MIS, ABOM, NCLE-AC, LDO - SC & GA

“As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.” -Albert Einstein

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    It's funny, the customer service rep told the consumer "off the record get them on the internet"

I highly doubt this type of out-sourcing is beneficial to Davis at all. Nor excusable. The moronic rep who said "off the record" wouldnt have a freaking job if every Davis client went "to the internet" to buy lenses. As Davis would go bankrupt. (well maybe not because they nickle and dime us to death)

I'll call and complain. What will happen? Nothing. They may tell the people who answer the phone for minimum wage not to send there clients to the internet, to a Davis provider only.

I will be off the Davis panel as of the new year, if anyone asks why, this is reason number 4718. Goodbye Davis

No sense in complaining about things I can fix

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes View Post
    WOW. Time to reconsider the nature of that relationship.

For EVERY Davis Vision Provider!

Master OptiBoarder
    Somewhere over the Colorful Spectrum of Light
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Right on PhillyEyes. Love the last statement you made. That is so very true and I wish we all had that awesome attitude.

I don't do Davis vision here, but I unfortunatly deal with a small amount of Spectera/OptumHealth Vision, one of the large employers in the area carries it alongside a better insurance company. Fortunatly it is only a small amount, but I gripe everytime one comes in. They do at least have good options for the lenses unlike Davis. The OD here is the one that chooses the insurances we accept, and he is about ready to dump it.

Can't believe the Davis rep though! Wow!

Master OptiBoarder
    Somewhere over the Colorful Spectrum of Light
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Don't forget to charge the patient for your time when you have to trouble shoot the ******* job the online store does.

Bad address email on file fvc2020's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by RIMLESS View Post
    Nope, you exist, but for some it's hard to quit the small $$ they get. Shoot I had to drop spectera because at the end of the month I would be owing them $$$
    Obviously every practice differs, but the fact is cash patients are a dieing or at best a dwindling breed.
    that is the smartest thing I have heard anyone say...............We keep getting requests to join both Davis and Spectera...and I told my doc that I would quit before I would let us take it................

Thread Information