Thread: Planning vision expo west

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Question Planning vision expo west

Hi guys,

I'm planning on going to the Vision expo in vegas this year, i just need a few tips from the regulars who go there frequently. Do you guys normally make appointments ahead of the exibition or do you just walk in and check out the product. whats your normal apporach on buying the goods and making deals with the suppliers? are there many suppliers out there who are kinda picky about who they sell their prouduct to and also if you guys have any new products in mind that you think is worth checking out, please let me know.

Cheers

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Blue Jumper

One small side tip.......................

Check out the exhibits in suites at the hotel, they are the one that often have the best deals.

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post
    One small side tip.......................

Check out the exhibits in suites at the hotel, they are the one that often have the best deals.
    do they have the list of exhibits in the suits?

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

Vision West planning

Visit www.visionwestexpo.com, they have tons of resources to help you plan your trip. You can get pretty good hotel rates at the Venetian and other hotels through the site. You can also see every exhibitor at the show: http://visionexpowest.com/For-Attend...os-Exhibiting/ and make an agenda for yourself that you can then have on your smartphone. There's an android and iPhone app (usually available a few weeks before the show) that will have all of your saved exhibitors in it and it gives you booth to booth directions. www.visiommobile.com It's also viewable on a blackberry, I think.

If you know what types of exhibitors you are looking for (or you need help finding them), these tools are great! The show is big so it makes it easier to plan in advance. The Medical & Scientific area on the floor is a good place to start but the whole show is great. They have a lot of education at the event, some of the speakers look interesting this year: http://visionexpowest.com/Continuing...m-at-a-Glance/

They have free shuttles in the morning and afternoon that go to and from all of the major hotels and I believe they even have shuttles available to the airport on the last day of the show.

There are tons of dining discounts and show specials. I like to track them on my phone with their mobile site because they change all the time. There are a lot of discounts and free gifts available. Check out the new product gallery when you get there. All the cool new products are on display.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Some of them will dispense papers in front of your room doors during night.

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Don/t be afraid to look at labs across the border. I offer great service to Canada and pricing is awesome. Come by and see me at iCoat booth.

I made some appointments when I was dispensing with my regulars and always left room in buying budget for new things that caught my eye. I do not think the deals are soley in the suites. You can find real good value on the edges of the floor too!
    Lee Prewitt, ABOM
    Independent Sales Representative
    AIT Industries
    224 W. James St.
    Bensenville, IL 60106
    Cell : (425) 241-1689
    Phone: (800) 729-1959, Ext 137
    Direct: (630) 274-6136
    Fax: (630) 595-1006
    www.aitindustries.com
    leep@aitindustries.com

More Than A Patternless Edger Company

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyeraven View Post
    Visit www.visionwestexpo.com, they have tons of resources to help you plan your trip. You can get pretty good hotel rates at the Venetian and other hotels through the site. You can also see every exhibitor at the show: http://visionexpowest.com/For-Attend...os-Exhibiting/ and make an agenda for yourself that you can then have on your smartphone. There's an android and iPhone app (usually available a few weeks before the show) that will have all of your saved exhibitors in it and it gives you booth to booth directions. www.visiommobile.com It's also viewable on a blackberry, I think.

If you know what types of exhibitors you are looking for (or you need help finding them), these tools are great! The show is big so it makes it easier to plan in advance. The Medical & Scientific area on the floor is a good place to start but the whole show is great. They have a lot of education at the event, some of the speakers look interesting this year: http://visionexpowest.com/Continuing...m-at-a-Glance/

They have free shuttles in the morning and afternoon that go to and from all of the major hotels and I believe they even have shuttles available to the airport on the last day of the show.

There are tons of dining discounts and show specials. I like to track them on my phone with their mobile site because they change all the time. There are a lot of discounts and free gifts available. Check out the new product gallery when you get there. All the cool new products are on display.

thannk you that was great advice ... didnt know about the iphone app seems really handy. thanks again

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Prewitt View Post
    Don/t be afraid to look at labs across the border. I offer great service to Canada and pricing is awesome. Come by and see me at iCoat booth.

I made some appointments when I was dispensing with my regulars and always left room in buying budget for new things that caught my eye. I do not think the deals are soley in the suites. You can find real good value on the edges of the floor too!

i've actually heard of you guys and i'll definatily come and see you down there. cheers

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    I work for Vision Expo and have great general advice from our Pre-Show Planner. I can answer any specifics as well. It's very important to have a plan. You may want to visit our YouTube channel to get an idea for the size of the show: www.youtube.com/intlvisionexpo. VisionMobile and My Show Planner are key to planning as well.

Because there are so many brilliant opportunities found at International Vision Expo, we’ve created a quick guide to ensure that all guests capitalize on every moment and create their own ultimate experience.
    Before…
    Make Contact.
    Connect with peers, secure invitations to parties, dinners and exclusive events with vendors. Network
    online. Join International Vision Expo on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or YouTube to get special offers.

Know Your Market. Research demographics of your current and potential patient base: geographic area, age, income, gender, local lifestyle, possible niches. Identify any recent shifts or projected changes. Assess your competition. Read the latest professional news. Know your needs and goals: Why you are attending International Vision Expo?

Have a Strategy. Leverage the ability to do a year’s worth of business in three days by setting manageable goals. Make appointments. But allow yourself time to look for new vendors. Prepare questions. What makes doing business with this vendor worthwhile? Download show Specials. International Vision Expo collects hundreds of specials and event information and posts them for free on our Web site. Bring business cards.

Know Where You’re Going. Familiarize yourself before you get to Las Vegas with the exhibit hall map using MyShowPlanner or the interactive online map on Vision Mobile. On-site at the expo, several product locator systems will be stationed around the exhibit hall allowing you to map the location of every exhibitor you want to see.

During…
    Work It at the Show.
    Time is money, so if you don’t already know where you’re going, grab a show directory and mini map, find a locator system or find a Customer Care Counter. Keep a schedule. Plan travel time between appointments and Continuing Education sessions. Don’t risk losing Continuing Education credits by arriving late for
    class. Divide and conquer. Build staff morale and assign each person a section of the show floor to maximize the
    amount of info you bring back to the office. Document meetings. Keep notes of all the vendors you meet with; their
    products, purchases made, follow-up data, contact name, new ideas, etc.

Network. International Vision Expo is the only show where you’ll find CEOs of major companies, the designers, your reps, and your peers and former classmates. Share ideas, trends, business strategies and maybe a cocktail or two.

After…Now is the time to relax and assess.

Organize. Review your notes for future reference. Keep your show directory — this is a useful tool for remembering
    vendors. Follow up. Add your new vendor’s information to your files and contact them after the show about current and possible orders.

Debrief. Discuss purchase orders with your staff; the features and benefits, training, marketing of new product to
    patients.

Inform. Send press releases to your local media outlets to alert your community of the new clinical practices, medical
    findings and eyewear trends that you discovered.

Implement. Create a plan — set goals and objectives, design measurement and track processes, assign ownership
    to the new service/concept.

Save the Date. Don’t forget to block off time to attend the next International Vision Expo!

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    As someone who has been a vendor, if you know for sure who you are going to see, book an appt. It will save you time, so you won't have to be waiting around for someone to help you.

Thread Information