Thread: Seiko progressive lenses

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

Stick out tongue Seiko progressive lenses

I am thinking about switching my progressive lenses to Seiko Succeed. Supersede and Surmount. I currently used mostly comfort and gt2 and want to move to an affordable free form lens. I have a few concerns: 1) lenses thickness - is free form lenses thicker than traditional lenses 2) can I control base curve for high wrap frame 3) how does the seiko product fit?

Thanks for any advices and suggestions.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by CalCal View Post
    I am thinking about switching my progressive lenses to Seiko Succeed. Supersede and Surmount. I currently used mostly comfort and gt2 and want to move to an affordable free form lens. I have a few concerns: 1) lenses thickness - is free form lenses thicker than traditional lenses 2) can I control base curve for high wrap frame 3) how does the seiko product fit?

Thanks for any advices and suggestions.
    Good move! Moving up to a much better product that is very cost effective in comparison.

1. I find FF lenses to always be thinner than conventional PALS.
    2. Base curve normally cannot be dictated on the order (not recommended but not impossible either)
    3. Good product - the only downside I can mention is there is no fitting cross drop on the Succeed which I find rather odd - the wearer goes immediately into intermediate corridor (too fast in my opinion)

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have a Supercede WS and a Surmount. Love them both!

Allen Weatherby
    Occupation
    If you want to have base curve selection and have a very wide Rx range the look at the ICE-TECH line with Thin-ICE. 100% digital lens developed by ICE-TECH.

So you know I am affiliated with ICE-TECH but we really do have the greatest range of digital lenses available. We provide not only the lens design but the processing also. We have a full range of mirrors produced in our facility. (no more long delays for mirrors).

We offer single vision, our dual zone, Crystal ICE PAL, Digital Bifocals, as well as our new Workplace Lens.

www.ice-tech.com

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by AWTECH View Post
    If you want to have base curve selection and have a very wide Rx range the look at the ICE-TECH line with Thin-ICE. 100% digital lens developed by ICE-TECH.

So you know I am affiliated with ICE-TECH but we really do have the greatest range of digital lenses available. We provide not only the lens design but the processing also. We have a full range of mirrors produced in our facility. (no more long delays for mirrors).

We offer single vision, our dual zone, Crystal ICE PAL, Digital Bifocals, as well as our new Workplace Lens.

www.ice-tech.com
    blah blah blah...just what we need...another company claiming the best no-name digital lens on the market.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Flyboy, Ice Tech has been around here for a while and has received rave reviews from other OB members. Play nice.

Allen Weatherby
    Occupation
    Thank you CuriousCat for the post.

As for the Blah Blah Blah comment. How would anyone get a better product to market if people are not willing to realisticly listen to what is being offered.

No we are not the largest Lens Company, but we are a lens company and we have a tremendous amount of in house technology. Ask people who wear our lens if it is just another product.

I assume Eyemanflying is a pilot, would you consider a Cirrus airplane? This is a relatively new US airplane company, (founded in 1984), that makes a great product. Before someone knew about a company like this, one would assume they too are a NO NAME Airplane manufacturer.

Thread Information