Thread: ***freedom accolade polycarb***

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optometrist

***freedom accolade polycarb***

OK folks,

Overwhelmed? Stressed a bit? Confused? Getting too darn old? Lol. Yes to all of the above actually. I wonder if I might get some confirmation on my decision in here at this time please? I am 52 years of age. This is the first pair of glasses I had in my life. This is my first time wading through the myraid of information seeking out a lense while trying to educate myself in at least a minimal level to try to understand what is happening here. Long story short, I ended up choosing "Freedom Accolade" in the Polycarb medium. With all of my reading and research, please tell me I made at least a half educated decision and that I will have a good chance of being happy with these lenses. Thank you for your help and wisdom in advance.

B.R.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Blue Jumper This is my first time wading through the myraid of information ...................

This is my first time wading through the myraid of information seeking out a lense while trying to educate myself in at least a minimal level to try to understand what is happening here. Long story short, I ended up choosing "Freedom Accolade" in the Polycarb medium. With all of my reading and research, please tell me I made at least a half educated decision and that I will have a good chance of being happy with these lenses.

Being an Optometrist that is 52 years old, so you practised at least 30 years most probably, but still need advise on the choice for a lens you made ????

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Methinks we have caught us a consumer...

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Ditto

Occupation
    Optometrist

OOPs, sorry folks

Yes, I am a consumer, did not realize professional only group, accept my sincere apologies...

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Perhaps you then could recommend a "consumer" forum where I could ask this question? Seems I have found the proper place to ask if all are professionals, but a consumers opinion may be the right channel, thank you.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    This forum is for Eyecare Professionals. Consumers are allowed to post in the Just Conversation forum and non-optical topics only. Please be aware that any questions involving optics or eyecare may be removed. These kinds of questions should be discussed with a qualified eyecare professional who has examined you and is familiar with your situation.

You must have missed this paragraph of the posting guidelines you agreed to when registering, not to mention forgetting what it is you do for a living.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    "Consumers are allowed to post on the Board, as long as the posts concern general eyecare related topics. However please be aware that any questions that involve diagnosing specific eyecare and eyewear problems are not appropriate for an online discussion forum. These kinds of questions should be discussed with a qualified eyecare professional who has examined you and is familiar with your situation. Posts asking for diagnostic help will be closed or removed."
    We will give this a try for a while to see how it goes. However if we continue to be ignored, treated rudely and abused by people who violate these guidelines, we may be forced to not allow any consumer questions at all.

=============================SNIP==========================

Now I will NOT be rude as I realize it is childish. My query fell well within the text quoted above. I felt that a true professional would be able to give me a general yay or nay on the topic. Forgive me for asking something that is obviously beyond your expertise, Perhaps a Wallmart rep will be able to answer my question?

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Ditto, lol. Now there is a self thinker, lol. Go bend some frames, haha.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    It's against my better judgement to respond, but honestly--I'm bored at the moment..so..

Sounds to me like you ("boilerroom") are just "spooked" (a little, anyway) by suddenly having to wear prescription eyeglasses after 52 years of doing without.

I've been wearing prescription eyeglasses for most of my life--and recently, of the "progressive" kind like you just got. I also have prescription sunglasses that are of the progressive kind and they are made of polycarbonate.

I've never had a problem with my eyesight or general health that had anything to do with prescription eyeglasses.

If you are not already having problems with your new eyeglasses--based on my experience--I doubt that you will start having any such problems.

I think that you just need to "relax" and consider that you made an OK decision. Unless you bought your new prescription eyeglasses on line, over the Internet.. but I don't want to wade directly into that can of worms!

Are you reading more posts and enjoying it less? Make RadioFreeRinsel your next Internet port of call ...

Occupation
    Optometrist
    rinselberg,

Many thanks to you, you hit it pretty well on the head partner, thank you for your professional response, I do appreciate it, I owe you a beer....bottoms up friend.

B.R.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    BTW, I did the COSTCO thing, seemed the best value....I have not received them yet however,...

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by boilerroom View Post
    BTW, I did the COSTCO thing, seemed the best value....I have not received them yet however,...
    Be prepared to wait awhile for them.....possibly 2 weeks.

Regards,
    Golfnorth

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Yes 2 weeks, I waited 52 years so far however.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    While I think about it, the lenses were the easy part I guess, picking out frames was like making a corporate decision, lol. Thanks folks.

Thread Information