Stupid question thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diopterman View Post
    If one would be building an Egyptian type pyramid or mock huge prism out of empty Busch and Schlitz beer cans while the significant other is away on vacation, would it be possible to angle the reflective sunlight off of the bottom of the mirror like beer cans in such a way as to light a tinder bundle that would be hot enough to ignite a well prepared charcoal pyramid in order to char animal muscle to a point of palate perfection that only more liquid gold from said beer cans could properly wash down?

And if so, would erecting a pyramid of the empty nectar of the Gods cans, give proper tribute to true optical friends?
    It's like Trial-By-Combat, where God ensures that the virtuous heart will be victorious. If your animal tissue is unsatisfying, then your optical friends are insufficiently true.

Comment

Why is the 20/40 line misread consistently as...VZBDE instead of FZBDE?
      WE SEE THINGS NOT AS THEY ARE, BUT AS WE ARE..... Anais Nin

Comment

I hads me an exzam in yur office last week and the doc tol' me that I'z gots Cadillacs in my eyes and I needs ta see an offtha mole gist.... But I dun't understand ... how did I gets them cars in mah eyes?

Comment

Ok, I'll bite. I taught English at the high school level for 18 years before my husband retired from the military, and I decided to work part-time in the optical field.

Question: Why do I get frustrated with posts such as the following, that have absolutely no regard for capitalization, sentence structure, or punctuation? The ad mentions "professional" over and over, but there is nothing even slightly professional about the post.

Am I crazy to notice such things? Is it just me?

see your future grow with For Eyes! store managers and opticians, DC area

come work for the nation’s leading optical retailorganization! we have multiple opportunities!

store manager: superduties for our store manager include maintaining the operations of the store, includingassociate recruiting, performance reviews and staff management. comfort levelwith training the best sales techniques and dispensing methods with the use ofour top notch optical program. see your future grow into reality with For Eyes!our locations are greenbelt, MD and sterling,VA

to be our superstar store manager, its required to work aflexible schedule, including evenings and weekends, occasionally able to traveland work in different store locations in district. in return a robust benefitpackage including dental, medical, and vacation and sick time will be yoursalong with the daily appreciation of your top team members!

qualifications include a high school diploma or equivalent, minimumof two year retail sales and/or customer service work experience, possessexcellent oral and written communication skills, knowledge of basic mathematicsand algebra, and/or minimum of 3 years of optical experience and managementexperience, career opportunity # 1321

to apply please send your resume with the career opportunity#1321 listed to charisse@imatters.net for more information call us toll free at866.412.4115 x700, or fax to 866.461.4097!

new! set up your custom email alerts on our website! be thefirst one to know about the latest in career opportunities!

imatters is your source for up to the minute careeropportunities that are the career moves that all industry professionals want-all at no cost to you!

we are the nation's leading ophthalmic recruiting/socialnetworking organization. (think of us as the "facebook" of the eyeindustry!) we will provide you with career opportunities, the latest industryupdates, and the tips and tools need to continue on in the eye industry!

imatters website is even better! see great new ideas, blogs,and sign up for your own custom career opportunities to be texted or emailed toyou!

visit www.imatters.net
          facebook us to win an ipad! www.facebook.com/imatters.eyes

imatters...ophthalmic staffing by ophthalmic professionals

OK, I gave up on making the corrections. I would give them an "F", have them re-do it, and find the rest of the errors that I didn't bother to correct. I would then give them the opportunity for extra credit by cleaning out the gutters on my house.
          Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Comment

I again recommend "Eats, Shoots, & Leaves".

Comment

Darby--

Sometimes you can tell a lot about an individual (or company) by the quality of their communication.

If the written communication is sub-standard, what would you expect the quality of their business to be?
              A lack of planning on your part DOES NOT constitute an emergency on mine!

Comment

Bob, I am concerned that you have just proven the former English teacher for 18 years point. Didn't you just end your last sentence with a preposition? (to be)

Comment

Proper Pronounciation!

When saying the word "PLANO"...........

How is the "A" pronounced?

Long A, short a, what sAy you?

Comment

Play-no. Like the city in Tejas.

Comment

I am well acquainted with the folks at imatters and they are really great people who provide a great service. I wonder if the way to help them find quailified staff is to beat them up over typos.

The title of this thread is destined to dissuade people from posting, let alone the general snarky-ness that has driven most of our best members to other forums.

I think it's time for everyone to go outside and play in the sun.

Comment

Originally posted by THE MEB View Post
                        Bob, I am concerned that you have just proven the former English teacher for 18 years point. Didn't you just end your last sentence with a preposition? (to be)
                        "Be" is not a preposition. It is a helping verb. I had to memorize the 23 helping verbs in the 5th and 7th grades, and they're burned into my memory forever. I could rattle them off, if you really want to hear the list! (wink, wink).

Here's my question of all times: what would chairs look like if our knees were on backwards?
                        It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by CuriousCat View Post
                          I am well acquainted with the folks at imatters and they are really great people who provide a great service. I wonder if the way to help them find quailified staff is to beat them up over typos.

The title of this thread is destined to dissuade people from posting, let alone the general snarky-ness that has driven most of our best members to other forums.

I think it's time for everyone to go outside and play in the sun.
                          I am simply using their post as an example. Unfortunately they are just one of the many offenders. And to be fair, it wasn't just a typo, but a series of typos, fragmented sentences, and misspelled words in a post that sought to attract the "professionals" of our business.

It's nice you know them, but what are we to think of a solicitation for professionals that may as well have been scratched out on the back of a cocktail napkin? Nice people or not, what are we to think?

Comment

Originally posted by Striderswife View Post
                            "Be" is not a preposition. It is a helping verb.
                            You are correct!

Comment

Originally posted by Darby View Post
                              I am simply using their post as an example. Unfortunately they are just one of the many offenders. And to be fair, it wasn't just a typo, but a series of typos, fragmented sentences, and misspelled words in a post that sought to attract the "professionals" of our business.

It's nice you know them, but what are we to think of a solicitation for professionals that may as well have been scratched out on the back of a cocktail napkin? Nice people or not, what are we to think?
                              If their intention was to attract your attention to a job posting, I think it worked.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecliptic View Post
                                I hads me an exzam in yur office last week and the doc tol' me that I'z gots Cadillacs in my eyes and I needs ta see an offtha mole gist.... But I dun't understand ... how did I gets them cars in mah eyes?
                                Now this I find offensive on many levels. Darby, what do you think?

Comment

Working...
                                X