Stupid question thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid question thread

Anyone with burning questions like "Are all progressive the same?" or "What is zero distance power?" Also, " I make 10$ hr, am I overpaid?" And" how can I get good job at lenzcrazers?"
    Just ask here.
    We wont get annoyed.
    We have nothing better to discuss.
    Anyone want to see my toenail collection?
    Wesley S. Scott, MBA, MIS, ABOM, NCLE-AC, LDO - SC & GA

“As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.” -Albert Einstein

What is the refractive index of belly button lint?

Comment

Buttermilk.
      Wesley S. Scott, MBA, MIS, ABOM, NCLE-AC, LDO - SC & GA

“As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.” -Albert Einstein

Comment

If things appear backwards in the mirror, why arn't they upside down?

Comment

Originally posted by Speed View Post
          RAOFL. You guys are hilarious!

Comment

Why do you hit your head against the wall?

"Cause it feels good when you stop?
            DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
            "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Comment

Originally posted by Speed View Post
              Excellent!

Comment

Maybe it really is time for a brief "quiz" you have to pass in order to post?

Heck they could even be: questions like "Are all progressive the same?" or "What is zero distance power?" Also, " I make 10$ hr, am I overpaid?" And" how can I get good job at lenzcrazers?"

I'll let you decide the multiple guess answers.
                http://www.opticianworks.com

Comment

Edumakachion

Did anyone axe you what line you kain't read?

I have a reading card with the word "dimunition" on it. Almost no one in this state can read/pronounce it and much less know what it means. Seems even a PHD in English doesn't help.:hammer:
                  Last edited by chip anderson; 07-29-2011, 01:17 PM. Reason: Second Comment

Comment

Here's a new one I got from a patient today: Can you give me my old prescription, because xyz optical will on go up to a -6.00 in a drill frame, and my new rx is too high. I will only wear a drill frame, and I have to shop at xyz because I have a credit card for there.

Comment

"Does this outfit make me look fat?"

Or is that the most dangerous question?

Comment

Just a few burning questions here since this seems to be the thread to post them in. Not ever found and answer to these useless questions but have laid awake at night pondering them. :hammer:

#1 Why do hurricane's only form north of the equator?

#2 If one could form south of the equator would it spin in the opposite direction?

#3 If a hurricane was in the north and one was in the south and they both were spinning in the opposite direction of each other and they met at the equator would they cancel each other out?

#4 Last but not least.......what part of the duck do you squeeze to get the damn duck sauce from? We all know where milk comes from......but how about duck sauce?

Someone please help me here so that I can sleep at night again.

Comment

Originally posted by chip anderson View Post
                          Did anyone axe you what line you kain't read?

I have a reading card with the word "dimunition" on it. Almost no one in this state can read/pronounce it and much less know what it means. Seems even a PHD in English doesn't help.:hammer:
                          The last line on my reading card includes the word "extensive."

Without fail, 70% of pts say "exclusive." I still haven't figured it out. I work in a fairly well-off, well-educated town.

Comment

Prism or Pyramid....its all the same, right?

If one would be building an Egyptian type pyramid or mock huge prism out of empty Busch and Schlitz beer cans while the significant other is away on vacation, would it be possible to angle the reflective sunlight off of the bottom of the mirror like beer cans in such a way as to light a tinder bundle that would be hot enough to ignite a well prepared charcoal pyramid in order to char animal muscle to a point of palate perfection that only more liquid gold from said beer cans could properly wash down?

And if so, would erecting a pyramid of the empty nectar of the Gods cans, give proper tribute to true optical friends?

Comment

Why should I give my 2 cents worth when you'll only give me a penny for my thoughts?
                              Pez:D

Comment

Working...
                              X