Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupid question thread

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician

Stupid question thread

Anyone with burning questions like "Are all progressive the same?" or "What is zero distance power?" Also, " I make 10$ hr, am I overpaid?" And" how can I get good job at lenzcrazers?"
    Just ask here.
    We wont get annoyed.
    We have nothing better to discuss.
    Anyone want to see my toenail collection?
    Wesley S. Scott, MBA, MIS, ABOM, NCLE-AC, LDO - SC & GA

“As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.” -Albert Einstein

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    What is the refractive index of belly button lint?

Occupation
    Buttermilk.
    Wesley S. Scott, MBA, MIS, ABOM, NCLE-AC, LDO - SC & GA

“As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.” -Albert Einstein

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    If things appear backwards in the mirror, why arn't they upside down?

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    RAOFL. You guys are hilarious!

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Why do you hit your head against the wall?

"Cause it feels good when you stop?
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    Excellent!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Maybe it really is time for a brief "quiz" you have to pass in order to post?

Heck they could even be: questions like "Are all progressive the same?" or "What is zero distance power?" Also, " I make 10$ hr, am I overpaid?" And" how can I get good job at lenzcrazers?"

I'll let you decide the multiple guess answers.

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Edumakachion

Did anyone axe you what line you kain't read?

I have a reading card with the word "dimunition" on it. Almost no one in this state can read/pronounce it and much less know what it means. Seems even a PHD in English doesn't help.:hammer:
    Last edited by chip anderson; 07-29-2011 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Second Comment

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Here's a new one I got from a patient today: Can you give me my old prescription, because xyz optical will on go up to a -6.00 in a drill frame, and my new rx is too high. I will only wear a drill frame, and I have to shop at xyz because I have a credit card for there.

Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    "Does this outfit make me look fat?"

Or is that the most dangerous question?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Just a few burning questions here since this seems to be the thread to post them in. Not ever found and answer to these useless questions but have laid awake at night pondering them. :hammer:

#1 Why do hurricane's only form north of the equator?

#2 If one could form south of the equator would it spin in the opposite direction?

#3 If a hurricane was in the north and one was in the south and they both were spinning in the opposite direction of each other and they met at the equator would they cancel each other out?

#4 Last but not least.......what part of the duck do you squeeze to get the damn duck sauce from? We all know where milk comes from......but how about duck sauce?

Someone please help me here so that I can sleep at night again.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by chip anderson View Post
    Did anyone axe you what line you kain't read?

I have a reading card with the word "dimunition" on it. Almost no one in this state can read/pronounce it and much less know what it means. Seems even a PHD in English doesn't help.:hammer:
    The last line on my reading card includes the word "extensive."

Without fail, 70% of pts say "exclusive." I still haven't figured it out. I work in a fairly well-off, well-educated town.

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Prism or Pyramid....its all the same, right?

If one would be building an Egyptian type pyramid or mock huge prism out of empty Busch and Schlitz beer cans while the significant other is away on vacation, would it be possible to angle the reflective sunlight off of the bottom of the mirror like beer cans in such a way as to light a tinder bundle that would be hot enough to ignite a well prepared charcoal pyramid in order to char animal muscle to a point of palate perfection that only more liquid gold from said beer cans could properly wash down?

And if so, would erecting a pyramid of the empty nectar of the Gods cans, give proper tribute to true optical friends?

OptiWizard OptiBoard Bronze Supporter pezfaerie's Avatar
    Occupation
    Why should I give my 2 cents worth when you'll only give me a penny for my thoughts?
    Pez:D

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Diopterman View Post
    If one would be building an Egyptian type pyramid or mock huge prism out of empty Busch and Schlitz beer cans while the significant other is away on vacation, would it be possible to angle the reflective sunlight off of the bottom of the mirror like beer cans in such a way as to light a tinder bundle that would be hot enough to ignite a well prepared charcoal pyramid in order to char animal muscle to a point of palate perfection that only more liquid gold from said beer cans could properly wash down?

And if so, would erecting a pyramid of the empty nectar of the Gods cans, give proper tribute to true optical friends?
    It's like Trial-By-Combat, where God ensures that the virtuous heart will be victorious. If your animal tissue is unsatisfying, then your optical friends are insufficiently true.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Why is the 20/40 line misread consistently as...VZBDE instead of FZBDE?
    WE SEE THINGS NOT AS THEY ARE, BUT AS WE ARE..... Anais Nin

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I hads me an exzam in yur office last week and the doc tol' me that I'z gots Cadillacs in my eyes and I needs ta see an offtha mole gist.... But I dun't understand ... how did I gets them cars in mah eyes?

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Ok, I'll bite. I taught English at the high school level for 18 years before my husband retired from the military, and I decided to work part-time in the optical field.

Question: Why do I get frustrated with posts such as the following, that have absolutely no regard for capitalization, sentence structure, or punctuation? The ad mentions "professional" over and over, but there is nothing even slightly professional about the post.

Am I crazy to notice such things? Is it just me?

see your future grow with For Eyes! store managers and opticians, DC area

come work for the nation’s leading optical retailorganization! we have multiple opportunities!

store manager: superduties for our store manager include maintaining the operations of the store, includingassociate recruiting, performance reviews and staff management. comfort levelwith training the best sales techniques and dispensing methods with the use ofour top notch optical program. see your future grow into reality with For Eyes!our locations are greenbelt, MD and sterling,VA

to be our superstar store manager, its required to work aflexible schedule, including evenings and weekends, occasionally able to traveland work in different store locations in district. in return a robust benefitpackage including dental, medical, and vacation and sick time will be yoursalong with the daily appreciation of your top team members!

qualifications include a high school diploma or equivalent, minimumof two year retail sales and/or customer service work experience, possessexcellent oral and written communication skills, knowledge of basic mathematicsand algebra, and/or minimum of 3 years of optical experience and managementexperience, career opportunity # 1321

to apply please send your resume with the career opportunity#1321 listed to charisse@imatters.net for more information call us toll free at866.412.4115 x700, or fax to 866.461.4097!

new! set up your custom email alerts on our website! be thefirst one to know about the latest in career opportunities!

imatters is your source for up to the minute careeropportunities that are the career moves that all industry professionals want-all at no cost to you!

we are the nation's leading ophthalmic recruiting/socialnetworking organization. (think of us as the "facebook" of the eyeindustry!) we will provide you with career opportunities, the latest industryupdates, and the tips and tools need to continue on in the eye industry!

imatters website is even better! see great new ideas, blogs,and sign up for your own custom career opportunities to be texted or emailed toyou!

visit www.imatters.net
    facebook us to win an ipad! www.facebook.com/imatters.eyes

imatters...ophthalmic staffing by ophthalmic professionals

OK, I gave up on making the corrections. I would give them an "F", have them re-do it, and find the rest of the errors that I didn't bother to correct. I would then give them the opportunity for extra credit by cleaning out the gutters on my house.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I again recommend "Eats, Shoots, & Leaves".

ABO-AC, NCLE-AC, LDO-NV bob_f_aboc's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Darby--

Sometimes you can tell a lot about an individual (or company) by the quality of their communication.

If the written communication is sub-standard, what would you expect the quality of their business to be?
    A lack of planning on your part DOES NOT constitute an emergency on mine!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Bob, I am concerned that you have just proven the former English teacher for 18 years point. Didn't you just end your last sentence with a preposition? (to be)

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Proper Pronounciation!

When saying the word "PLANO"...........

How is the "A" pronounced?

Long A, short a, what sAy you?

Objection! OptiBoard Gold Supporter shanbaum's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Play-no. Like the city in Tejas.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I am well acquainted with the folks at imatters and they are really great people who provide a great service. I wonder if the way to help them find quailified staff is to beat them up over typos.

The title of this thread is destined to dissuade people from posting, let alone the general snarky-ness that has driven most of our best members to other forums.

I think it's time for everyone to go outside and play in the sun.

Thread Information