Stupid question thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CCGREEN View Post
    #4 Last but not least.......what part of the duck do you squeeze to get the damn duck sauce from? We all know where milk comes from......but how about duck sauce?

Someone please help me here so that I can sleep at night again.
    Easy, the apricots :)

Comment

S-t-u-p-i-d

Do these frames make me look fat??

I don't know how my glasses got scratched?? (As she pulls them from the bottom of her purse without a case)

These frames keep breaking...
      Do you keep them in a case?
      No I keep them in my pocket..

These lenses keep scratching....
      How do you clean them..
      I clean them the way YOU told me...

Comment

"do you take my insurance?"
        "no I am sorry we do not"
        "Do you know who does?"
        "no I am sorry I do not."
        "okay do you know what they cover?"
        "no since we are not providers I do not know"
        "Could you call them and find out for me?"
        ""no!!!"

That is one of the questions that still bothers me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mizikal View Post
          "do you take my insurance?"
          "no I am sorry we do not"
          "Do you know who does?"
          "no I am sorry I do not."
          "okay do you know what they cover?"
          "no since we are not providers I do not know"
          "Could you call them and find out for me?"
          ""no!!!"

That is one of the questions that still bothers me.
          And then there's this gem: "what all insurances do y'all take?" "If you have a few minutes I can list them all alphabetically for you OR you can just tell me what you have and I can tell you if we are a provider." I swear I get asked this question once a week. I've even been asked this on multiple occasions by the same person.

Comment

I still think the number one stupid question of all time is, "What does my insurance cover?"
            Ummmm....

Comment

...... It's YOUR insurance!!!!!!!

I figured I would finish that sentence for you! :)

Comment

Originally posted by optilady1 View Post
                I still think the number one stupid question of all time is, "What does my insurance cover?"
                Ummmm....
                You don't know what you've been paying for? It's even funnier when they don't even know who their insurance company is. Happens all the time. How some people make it through life, I'll never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Wes View Post
                  You don't know what you've been paying for? It's even funnier when they don't even know who their insurance company is. Happens all the time. How some people make it through life, I'll never know.
                  No kidding. What about your home, do you know where you live? And your car? Do you know who your kids are? If nothing else, aren't you aware that I'm not, infact, a mind reader? I can pluck from the air some obscure plan that covers nothing if you want me to guess.

Comment

Originally posted by optilady1 View Post
                    Do you know who your kids are?
                    Many patients in many neighboorhoods probably can't answer that question for you.

Comment

Actually I saw a survey (DNA checked) and in white suburban middle to upper class neighborhoods either two or three out of five children were calling the wrong man daddy.

Chip

Of course in some neighborhoods it was a rareity for the kids to have anyone at all to call daddy.
                      Last edited by chip anderson; 08-04-2011, 07:07 AM. Reason: Second comment

Comment

Originally posted by Wes View Post
                        The most infuriating is when you ask them if they have vision insurance coverage, they say no and you make the glasses. After they receive the glasses they figure out they did have coverage so you have to rebill it, refund them and make much less money.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc View Post
                          The most infuriating is when you ask them if they have vision insurance coverage, they say no and you make the glasses. After they receive the glasses they figure out they did have coverage so you have to rebill it, refund them and make much less money.
                          Is there a way to file, where the patient gets the reimbursement? In our office, we don't take any insurance (yay!), but plenty of our patients have coverage (and the frequently ask us all the same questions above, which we can never answer because we don't take insurance!!). There's a few that we can file electronically, on behalf of the patient, but the insurance cuts a check to them, not to us.
                          It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

I had a patient in today that needed new contacts. Not a big deal I just needed the rx. She knew the name of the Dr's office and knew where it was but had no idea what the phone number was. Instead of calling information I just googled it on my phone. No big deal I do it all the time and I find it easier. The page loaded and the patient asked "Weere you able to pull my information up?" I had to explain that no I could not look her up information on my phone but I was looking for the phone number of her Dr's office.

Her Rx was more then 5 years expired by the way. facepalm

Comment

Originally posted by chip anderson View Post
                              Actually I saw a survey (DNA checked) and in white suburban middle to upper class neighborhoods either two or three out of five children were calling the wrong man daddy.
                              I thought it was 2 or 3 %.

Comment

Happy: Nope 35-40%. Appearently suburban wives are happier than we think.

Comment

Working...
                                X