Thread: Sgx/innovations fustration

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician

Sgx/innovations fustration

I recently started having problems with the sgx-innovations communications. The SGX will "pull down" the required info to process a job(s). Then for some unknown reason the "link" from the innovations computer and sgx will stop. SGX reads job not found. If I reboot the entire computer SGX will interface for maybe one or two jobs and then stop. I haven't touched any settings in the machine interface portion of Innovations. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    one of the connections loose on the board? bad network card connection on the main board? (Been a while, I think the net port was on the main board. Could be a separate I/O board. Been only 5-6 years since I worked on an sgx..)

Sounds like the information from Innovations is not reaching the computer. Resulting in a network issue. I would start there with troubleshooting.

NOTE: The issue could also be with your host computer. If that net card is going bad, it also can result in these type issues. My own computer had an "all in one" mainboard and I experienced intermittent type connection issues when the net port started to fail.
    "Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Possible communication cable/connection issue? Try using another communication port and/or cable. SGX will read job not found if there is no communication to the Innovations program.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Cables are fine. When I monitor com port in machine interface, SGX request can be seen at Innovations machine but ACK back is timing out hence error. Step One blocker is communicating fine so I assuming com port is fine.

Objection! OptiBoard Gold Supporter shanbaum's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    This sounds like a bad cable, where the connection on one of the leads (transmit or receive) is intermittently failing. How do you know that "cables are fine"? If the request from the SGX always shows up in the MI program, but the machine doesn't always receive the response from Innovations, that sure sounds typical of one broken lead. Have you taken the plug apart? When they break, the leads most often break at the connector.

There is a communications test built into the SGX, to test its COM ports, which involves connecting one port to the other.

Have you contacted either Innovations or Coburn support?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    @ shanbaum I will check cables. This may help in diagnosis..error when I launch MI "The DVI interface module cannot be initialized..DVI.DLL is missing or invalid.

Objection! OptiBoard Gold Supporter shanbaum's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Nah, that just means someone turned on a DVI-interfaced device in Configuration, but you're not licensed for it. If you un-check "DVI Finishing" in Configuration, that message will go away.

Thread Information