Thread: Ontario authorizes unauthorized Dispensing

registeredoptician Refractingoptician.com's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

Ontario authorizes unauthorized Dispensing

In Ontario there is still a two class system in place where COO knowingly allows unauthorized dispensing to go unchecked and unchallenged .

It should be illegal for internetters to advertise and dispense into Ontario without licensed Ontario Opticians. There is a way to put an end to this .

Your Ontario regulatory body must deal with this matter . In 6 months time your College of Opticians of Ontario will want more money from you for license renewal plus they want to raise your fees even higher . Accepting money from legal opticians for the purpose of regulating the industry and then not performing that duty and allowing a two class system to exist is a great injustice for Ontario's hard working legal opticians .

Think twice before you send more money to COO in December . Demand positive PROOF that they will take IMMEDIATE ACTION on this matter now ! Don't wait till December again based on promises that never happen .

Optometrists, you should do the same with your regulatory board . You have every bit as much to lose by constant inaction and empty promises.

bilateral peripheral scotoma LandLord's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    If I don't pay my fees then WalMart will fire me and I can't pay my mortgage. I have to feed my family.

registeredoptician Refractingoptician.com's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    What would you be willing to risk or contribute ? I hear what you are saying but I have a mortage too and more than a handful of mouths to feed . I lose a thousand per day to make my voice heard . Teachers and auto workers all strike to get the pay checks and benefits and recognition that they have ? Can you retire on a Wal-Mart pension ?

What do you believe in ? Do you insist on making your voice heard at association meetings or CE seminars ?

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    With your computers keyboard at your fingertips why dont you do some reseach and study on what you should or can do to bring on the changes you want. There is tons of good and new knowdlege passed out on the internet on a daily basis.

OptiBoard members without real names will never bring you any real results, it is nice to get the opinions of a few nameless co professionals, however you will see never any real commitments.

bilateral peripheral scotoma LandLord's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Refractingoptician.com View Post
    What would you be willing to risk or contribute ? I hear what you are saying but I have a mortage too and more than a handful of mouths to feed . I lose a thousand per day to make my voice heard . Teachers and auto workers all strike to get the pay checks and benefits and recognition that they have ? Can you retire on a Wal-Mart pension ?

What do you believe in ? Do you insist on making your voice heard at association meetings or CE seminars ?
    If you are talking about an opticians union then you might get some support but onlly from those who cling to industrial age ideas.

Opticianry is being marginalized by optometry who continue to hire and train receptionists to dispense prescription eyewear, and by the government who takes no action. If we are honest, opticianry is already deregulated because the license is worthless. By the time our license is taken away it will have a negative net worth.
    Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

Thread Information